jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Vegetarian dishes that meat eaters will enjoy?

1. paperplanes12 profile image54
    paperplanes12posted 6 years ago

Vegetarian dishes that meat eaters will enjoy?

I have started to live a much healthier lifestyle by exercising and eating right. I'm looking for quick alternatives to meat and is willing to try a few vegetarian or vegan dishes, I love meat but would be more than willing to try something new.

2. cascoly profile image60
    cascolyposted 6 years ago

many vegetarian, chicken & SEAFOOD RECIPES AT
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Best-Recipes-fr … -the-World

3. sharing the sky profile image67
    sharing the skyposted 6 years ago

Glad to hear you're making choices to live more healthfully. I enjoy meat a lot too but since cutting back I've learned a few things.

Dishes containing mushrooms (all kinds, not just the white button ones) are nice since mushrooms are savory, add flavor and provide a chewy mouth-feel that meat-eaters may really appreciate.

Beans and legumes also make great dishes because of their satiating protein and fiber. You can easily throw some on to a salad or combine them with savory herbs, onions, garlic and other vegetables for hearty soups and stews. You can even make bean burgers which are quite tasty in lieu of meat.

Additionally, tofu and tempeh work well with vegetables for a satisfying meal; throwing together a stirfry is an easy way to combine those.

Have you ever tried quinoa? It's a nice way to get plant protein and can be made into a pilaf of sorts or just eaten plain as a side in a meal.

Hope this gives you some ideas.

4. 23Hudson profile image56
    23Hudsonposted 6 years ago

I love meat but have family members who are vegetarians. I usually make stir-fry when they come over. I buy good rice (from an Asian grocer store) and then I stir-fry whatever veggies I want. I season with soy sauce. Easy and yummy. And healthy.