Have you ever made Indian poppadoms from scratch?

1. Gordon Hamilton profile image96
    Gordon Hamiltonposted 6 years ago

Have you ever made Indian poppadoms from scratch?

It's funny that although they are popular, trying to find useful, detailed instructions, even on Google, is not easy. I am faced with having to make poppadoms from the flour stage onwards in the next few weeks and would appreciate any tips!

2. spsingh profile image58
    spsinghposted 6 years ago

Its not easy to make from scratch.. actually some machine made poppadoms are not much tasty as handmade.The most popular indian poppadoms are from Amritsar(one of city in india)where i live and i eat these tasty crispy poppadoms daily :-).     
    Gordon if you want to eat real poppadoms i can send you because you can not make it at home i also tried it several time and never succeed :-(.so if you are really a fan of indian poppadoms and want me to send you real poppadoms of amritsar then contact me lol....

3. profile image0
    fordieposted 6 years ago

Spot on Gordon. I also failed miserably when seeking the same. I have an excellent cookbook from India - excellent in every other respect - but for poppadoms it simply insists you start with a packet from the shop and fry ...

Surely there must have been a time when these were made by hand. Too wild to think someone would dream up a poppadom machine BEFORE poppadoms

Is there anyone out there who knows?

working