jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What Would be Your Idea of the Ultimate Feast?

1. Gordon Hamilton profile image98
    Gordon Hamiltonposted 6 years ago

What Would be Your Idea of the Ultimate Feast?

Ever since childhood, I have wanted to attend an old fashioned medieval banquet. This ambition originally stems from watching, "The Adventures of Robin Hood," starring Errol Flynn and Olivia de Havilland. I want these whole animals on the table that I chop pieces off with my knife and eat with my hands, while I drink ridiculously strong ale from a wooden cup. Have you ever attended such a banquet, if so where, or has your own perfect feast dream ever come true?

2. Just Ask Susan profile image88
    Just Ask Susanposted 6 years ago

Gordon, In Toronto we have a Medieval Times restaurant. They serve up roasted chickens and gauntlets of beer. The food is served by wenches and the guests of the restaurant see live performances of knights fighting knights on horses in a huge arena while eating. I have never been but my children have all been there.

My perfect feast would be steak, lobster, shrimp, crab legs and scallops served on an ocean liner smile

3. profile image0
    leann2800posted 6 years ago

I also attended such a feast at Medieval Times. Roasted meat and bread with potatoes and beer.

My dream feast would be more romantic with spicy Italian food: spaghetti, lasagna, ziti, pasta e faglioli, lots of fruits and breads set in a garden that had grapevines, fruit trees, and flowers

4. Sunshine625 profile image91
    Sunshine625posted 6 years ago

We also have a Medieval Times restaurant in Orlando. Chicken and beer. The food isn't very good but the entertainment was fun.
    My perfect feast would be fried chicken, fried clams, french fries and fried ice cream ... due to it's unhealthy nature I stopped eating fried foods so this meal sounds delish to me!

5. FloraBreenRobison profile image60
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 6 years ago

I have never attended a banquet like this. My ultimate meal that I have had  is Roast Beef, Yorkshire Pudding, mashed potatoes, creamed corn, punch, with pumpkin pie for dessert

6. samtenabray profile image60
    samtenabrayposted 6 years ago

So many things running through my mine but pizza, pasta, chicken, beer, milkshakes, energy drink