jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Is there a practical use for my ever-growing collection of wine corks?

1. peepingtomb profile image76
    peepingtombposted 6 years ago

Is there a practical use for my ever-growing collection of wine corks?

2. Just Ask Susan profile image90
    Just Ask Susanposted 6 years ago

You may want to glue them all together and make a trivet for hot plates on the table. I am looking forward to see the answers you get on this question.

3. profile image0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 6 years ago

Want my collection?  I don't drink, but I collected the corks from charity events.  Can you believe I was pouring beer and wine during these events?  At least I didn't dip into the inventory.  Anyway, I was going to make a cork board by lining up the corks in an attractive 2/2 pattern.  Then use the leftovers for coasters.  I've seen it done, and the different corks make a cork board very attractive.  But I've moved on because hubby is a big fan of micro beer.  Have any ideas for coasters advertising brands of beer?  I've got more of those than wine corks.

4. napetv profile image39
    napetvposted 6 years ago

Super glue them within an empty wooden picture frame, and make a bulletin board. Or cork board. Whatever the thing is you stick thumbtacks in and pin up notes and photos and such. Or sell them on eBay. When I was a bartender, I saved about 200 and sold them for $15.00 on eBay. I should have saved them for you.

5. helmutbiscut profile image75
    helmutbiscutposted 6 years ago

How about a fishing bobber?  I remember my grandpa using them for that when I was little.

6. Attikos profile image78
    Attikosposted 6 years ago

Little children love to play with them in the bathtub.

You can get a slingshot and use them to pelt politicians at rallies without hurting them too much.

A handful of them tied together will replace the float in your toilet tank.

Glue them end to end to make a humanitarian cattle prod.

Throw them in front of parades so the marchers will go skittering across the street as if they were rolling on marbles.

Put them into your pond so the frogs can have log rolling contests.