How should food reflect it's origin?

1. Leroyworld profile image60
    Leroyworldposted 6 years ago

How should food reflect it's origin?

Should it reflect its cultural origins, it's physical origins or is that even a consideration in today's interconnected world?  Pluses and minuses and any point of view welcome.  Assume that you are talking to a very new foodie.

2. Grams Study profile image60
    Grams Studyposted 6 years ago

Food is many things.  It is the satisfying of hunger.  It is social gatherings and it is love as mother's prepare it for their families.The cultural aspect of food is very appealing to me.  I have German cookbooks, Chinese cookbooks and have used them all.  I made a homemade dinner of sweet and sour pork on rice with pineapple and cherrys for dessert.  The ladies who joined me have always wanted me to repeat that dinner for them but I have never had the chance. I never will for one as she passed away since that time but the dinner I fixed is still on the minds of the ones who are left.  Food is a souce of memories and can be remembered long after the participants are deceased. My mother made many memorial dinners and I miss her cooking still.  Food is what you make it.  What do you want it to be? Preparing food for someone else comes from the inside of you and becomes an expression of you yourself so new foodie just experiment and don't forget Betty Crocker and some of the more experienced cookbooks which usually have lots of tips and directions for what goes with it best .  Use one of them.  Happy Cooking but most of all Happy Eating. churchlady

3. macquelinedc profile image60
    macquelinedcposted 6 years ago

I think it reflects neither nowadays because we have an interconnected world. People can buy or cook tajines in New York, spring rolls in London, or pizza in Philippines. Food connects us all, it's a great thing because even if you can't go to those places you can still experience a part of their culture. We all should thank those people who imports, plants, and produce the ingridients we need to cook this kind of amazing food.