jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

I'm looking for a fun, inexpensive Valentine Treat to make?

1. Tanya YpsiGirl profile image60
    Tanya YpsiGirlposted 6 years ago

I'm looking for a fun, inexpensive Valentine Treat to make?

It's for for my daughters Kindergarten class party. I need to make 27.
    Any ideas, recipes, and/or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
    Pictures are a huge plus. Thank You and Happy Early LOVE Day. wink

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6160088_f260.jpg

2. rutley profile image73
    rutleyposted 6 years ago

Skip all the goodies.....don't make anything.  A few craft supplies so every kid can make their own special item.   Idea....A red paper heart for them to cut out, (draw the template), a couple of those wiggly, stick on eyes, pipe cleaner to glue on to hold it up!  Cheap, easy and fun!

3. Imogen French profile image85
    Imogen Frenchposted 6 years ago

Chocolate dipped strawberries are simple and yummy. Just melt some chocolate in a bowl over a pan of hot water and half dip the strawberries, (27 times!) then leave on a sheet of wax paper and put in the fridge to set.
    Strawberry shortcake cookies cut into heart shapes are another nice idea.

4. profile image0
    Emily Sparksposted 6 years ago

I like heart-shaped sugar cookies.  I know little children love them as well.  You can cover them with different colored frosting and then decorate them.  You could even let the kids decorate them!

5. cloverleaffarm profile image76
    cloverleaffarmposted 6 years ago

Get some red construction paper and cut out hearts. You and your daughter can decorate them together.
    You can use glitter, or glitter glue to sparkle them up. Dollies are a fun addition too.
    Have fun, and Happy Valentine's Day!

6. Tanya YpsiGirl profile image60
    Tanya YpsiGirlposted 6 years ago

Thank you for all your help!
    Another mom is in charge of the "crafts" for the party. My job is to bring in yummy valentine treats for the class. I really like the chocolate covered strawberries idea! But my little girl is requesting CHERRY cupcakes with CHERRY frosting and a CHERRY on top of each cake. lol   omg cheery goodness- any thoughts on this? wink

working