jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Do you think eating meat is immoral?

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image97
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

Do you think eating meat is immoral?

Look, I don't think eating meat is immoral - but I think about the subject daily.

If you think eating meat is immoral - then I want to hear you very very best reasoning WHY you think it is immoral.

Also, what are the limitations?  Is eating fish immoral, or is it just mammals?  Where does it end, etc?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6464160_f260.jpg

2. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 6 years ago

If God didn't want us to eat the animals, He wouldn't have made them so darned tasty.

3. cat on a soapbox profile image96
    cat on a soapboxposted 6 years ago

We were created to be omnivores. No, I don't think that eating meat is immoral ; however, I do think that being wasteful is. I think it is important to respect the things that sustain us. We often lose sight of this importance when we buy from a market rather than hunt and forage for ourselves.

4. Perry the Cat profile image61
    Perry the Catposted 6 years ago

I don't eat beef, but that's just because I don't care for it, which is punishable by death in the Texas Panhandle.  I eat chicken and fish, once I had rattlesnake (tastes like chicken with LOTS of bones) squirrel, rabbit, pheasant, deer, sheep testicles, lamb kabobs, pork and while in high school, mystery meat.  Nowadays i only eat meat a couple of times a week.  I just don' like it anymore. 

As for morality, literally billions of people are starving around the world.  We have canines, incisors,  we were designed to eat meat.  God told us to eat meat in the Bible.  Jesus ate meat.  Wasting food is immoral.  If you choose not to eat meat on moral grounds, that is fine.  But don't try and make other people feel guilty.  They'd eat you soon enough if they were starving, and so would you.

5. EuroCafeAuLait profile image83
    EuroCafeAuLaitposted 6 years ago

What brought this on - do you live near someone who has been giving you the meat is murder message?

What I think is immoral is gross overeating, throwing up, throwing out good food, or letting good food go to waste (like not refrigerating it) especially when there are plenty of people out there who can barely get a meal together.  True for people living in the US as well as all over the world.

I don't know, WTS, seems to me that moderation in all things is the way to go.  That means eat a little meat, chicken, veggies, milk, bread and chocolate chip cookies - your body need nutrients from all the food groups, unless you happen to be allergic.  Now, wasting food - that's immoral!

6. tom hellert profile image59
    tom hellertposted 6 years ago

MMMMMMMMMMMMMM, Meat its whats for dinner...
    Aburger is a beautiful thing...a cheese burger is an extremely beautiful thing...I agree the guy that put meat and fire together should be made a Saint...

7. justom profile image69
    justomposted 6 years ago

Like I told you yesterday I'm a vagitarian which I think is very healthy eating because you really don't ingest what you're eating. It's more about nibbling :-/ You ask too many questions, why are you like that? :-P

8. Claudia Tello profile image77
    Claudia Telloposted 6 years ago

I am not vegetarian nor vegan but I almost never eat meat; however, I do not think eating meat is immoral what-so-ever.  Still, some ways of dealing with cattle and poultry might be, when they are just locked away without being able to move around at least a little, living a very unhappy life, and I am almost sure that this reflects as well in the quality of the meat.

working