jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Can you recommend a vegetarian or vegan menu for Easter?

1. donnah75 profile image96
    donnah75posted 5 years ago

Can you recommend a vegetarian or vegan menu for Easter?

2. lauragee profile image73
    laurageeposted 5 years ago

It's not a whole menu (or vegan) but how about this? http://www.finecooking.com/recipes/aspa … toast.aspx
    That came to mind because eggs and asparagus both seem pretty appropriate.

3. vandynegl profile image75
    vandyneglposted 5 years ago

Hi donnah75!  I eat vegan and I'm having an Easter dinner at my house with a few family members who are non-vegan.  I accommodate their needs and my own!   Our menu:
    vegetable bean soup
    farm raised ham
    sweet potatoes
    salad
    steamed broccoli
    white potatoes
    some kind of healthy dessert (not sure yet)

I am making the vegetable bean soup, since I thought that would be a nice "starter" to the meal, as well as part of a main course for me, or those who do not wish to eat ham.  I use a variety of beans, but focus on pinto since they taste the best in soups!  I also add lots of onions, carrots, and celery.  I plan to add some kale when the soup is done cooking (to wilt the kale only enough).  I use organic vegetable broth and water.  I season with a little bit of salt, black pepper, and garlic powder.  Pretty simple smile

Hope this may be helpful!

4. M. T. Dremer profile image96
    M. T. Dremerposted 4 years ago

I just recently learned about a vegan deviled egg recipe. Basically you boil small red potatoes and then hollow them out with a spoon. Then, mix hummus with mustard, garlic, onion and pepper and pipe it into the center of the potatoes. Then sprinkle with paprika. They're pretty good and would make a fun 'egg' snack for easter.

working