jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

What do you think about animal mass farming?

1. Wasteless Project profile image92
    Wasteless Projectposted 4 years ago

What do you think about animal mass farming?

Would you prefer to abolish animal mass farming, even if that would mean higher prices for meat and dairy products?

2. profile image0
    CalebSparksposted 4 years ago

If people would care as much about the millions of babies who are slaughtered every year through abortion as they do about being nice to animals, we might be on our way to abolishing a practice that really is important.

1. Wasteless Project profile image92
      Wasteless Projectposted 4 years agoin reply to this

This comments section is too small to just attempt to answer. How is mass farming for you related to abortion? Wouldn't it be better if people would first care for the millions of babies undernutritioned before making more?

3. StoneCircle profile image90
    StoneCircleposted 4 years ago

In order to abolish mass farming, you would need to support local farms and shop for your food more than once a week. That is what basically was the process in the US pre WWII.
    I personally do not believe in mass farming due to the overall environmental cost.
    I feel that many of these mass producing meat farms raise more animals than what will be consumed, have more waste pollution in local streams and rivers,and some tests have proven that these types of farms make localized higher methane counts in the air.
    Then you can get into the whole transportation cost to ship all of this up to 1,00 miles away. Profit to raise, profit to package and profit to ship within the company is the main reason why this new type of farming has made it big in the US and small local farms disappear.
    Would I pay for fresh meat that was raised within 20 miles of me and not filled with chemicals? Yup. I do every week. Along with my fruits,cheeses and veggies.

working