jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

What is your favorite way to use red potatoes in your food?

1. slappywalker profile image99
    slappywalkerposted 3 years ago

What is your favorite way to use red potatoes in your food?

Do you have a favorite recipe that you like to use them in?

2. swilliams profile image85
    swilliamsposted 3 years ago

My favorite way to use red potatoes is to bake them cut them open add basil and sour cream or cheese, very yummy!

3. janshares profile image98
    jansharesposted 3 years ago

I like to cut them up, boil or roast. After boiling I like to add butter, sea salt, garlic powder, black pepper, and rosemary. If I roast them, usually in the same pan with chicken or pork, I spray them with buttery spray, add sea salt and rosemary.

1. bethperry profile image90
      bethperryposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Ooh, what Jan said! They are delicious that way.

4. Diana Lee profile image84
    Diana Leeposted 3 years ago

Potato soup is good with most any kind of potato, but red potatoes do have a flavor all there own.  Try red potatoes in my Potato Soup Delight recipe.  http://diana-lee.hubpages.com/hub/POTATO-SOUP-DELIGHT

5. dappledesigns profile image90
    dappledesignsposted 3 years ago

Boiled with skins on and then cut up for a potato salad with Greek yogurt, honey and dill.

6. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 3 years ago

I don't remember where I saw the recipe (it might have been pinterest) but I really liked vegan 'deviled eggs'. After cooking red potatoes you cut them in half and hollow out a portion of the core. Then you mix hummus with mustard and sprinkle with paprika. There might have been more, but that was the gist of it. The hard part is finding red potatoes that are the right size. The ones we used were too large so you could only eat two or three before being full.

working