jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How do you make your meatballs? Mine are delicious, and have a twist.

1. profile image56
    Michelle Zalacoposted 3 years ago

How do you make your meatballs?  Mine are delicious, and have a twist.

Your traditional Italian meatball calls for Parmesan cheese, one afternoon when making meatballs I learned that I was out of Parm--quick substitute with equal parts of Mozzarella cheese.  Makes for a creamy meatball.  Also, I use oatmeal rather than breadcrumbs, just seems to work better..  If you would like my recipe for meatballs, let me know.  Ciao

2. chef-de-jour profile image98
    chef-de-jourposted 3 years ago

I love meatballs. I make mine with herbs and garlic and onion but will try the oats as I've made vegetarian sausages from rolled oats and grated cheese and shallots and they are great. Yours sound delicious, I want to try them. Long live meatballs.

3. profile image56
    Michelle Zalacoposted 3 years ago

Thank you so much for your enthusiastic interest!  I love meatballs too.  Especailly now since I have been making my own.  My meatball recipe is very simple, I just eyeball all of my ingredients.
    2 lbs ground meat (I have been using ground beef)
    1 onion, red, or yellow, grated.
    3 - 4 cloves of garlic, minced
    Pinch of red pepper flakes
    Pinch of salt
    Good palm full of Italian seasoning
    2 handfuls of oats
    1 egg
    Couple splashes of Worcestershire sauce
    Do not forget the cheese!

Preheat your oven to 375
    Mix all ingredients together before adding your meat, pat dry with paper towel if too wet.  Combine and roll out your meatballs.  I usually get between 42 and 49 meatballs
    Bake on a parchment paper lined tray for 30 minutes, then add to your sauce to finish cooking.

4. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

mine is simple traditional chinese meatball, minced meat with chopped garlic, onions, carrots, season with light soy sauce, pepper and salt. That's it