Do You like swai fish?

1. iggy7117 profile image79
    iggy7117posted 2 years ago

Do You like swai fish?

I tried it for the first time and cooked it extra because I heard it had that soft texture, It still tasted raw and I will not buy it again. I breaded and fried it. Does anyone like it or this there a different way to cook it that makes it better?

2. connorj profile image76
    connorjposted 2 years ago

This species referred to as swai fish is often called pangasius, and are a type of fresh water iridescent shark-like fish. I would avoid this fresh water fish primarily because: It is harvested from one of the most polluted rivers in Asia. That being the Mekong River. The Mekong River is one of the most polluted rivers in the world, and there is no regulation to filter the water used in these facilities.  This can cause heightened levels of heavy metals and toxins from the polluted water.  Both fish are not fed anything close to their natural food.  They are fed food pellets made from fish remains (often swai and basa remains) mixed with soy and antibiotics.  They are also treated without regulation with growth hormones to make them of profitable size quicker. These fish are also linked to many cases of food poisoning due to contamination from their point of origin.  There is no production of such fish in the US or outside South East Asia.

working