How To Make A Simple and Delicious Fruit Cake!
Cakes cater to the taste of the young and adult alike. Personally I prefer having a slice of cake and a cup of warm tea on a rainy day -- tastes like heaven right then I tell you! This page is all about how to make a sweet little fruit cake as simply and as delicious as possible. It’s a must try and it’s sure to leave you craving for more.
The fruit cake mentioned here freezes well and takes about 20 minutes to prepare.
Cooking takes an additional 2 hours. If you don’t want to use soya milk or lemon in this cake, you can replace these ingredients with sour milk instead.
350 g plain wholemeal flour
1 tsp mixed spice
1 ½ tsps bicarbonate of soda
175 g margarine
175 g demerara sugar (natural brown sugar)
175 g currants
½ pint soya milk
1 tbsp lemon juice
How To Bake A Fruit Cake - The Steps
1. First, sift the flour, spice and bicarbonate of soda together into a large bowl.
2. Rub in margarine until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
3. Add the sugar, currants and sultanas.
4. Mix the milk and lemon juice together. Then, add the dry ingredients.
5. Mix well to form a dropping consistency
6. Leave the mixture overnight.
7. Turn into a prepared tin (25 cm x 12 cm/10 x 5 inch tin).
8. Bake in oven at 160 degrees C for 2 hours.