ArtsAutosBooksBusinessEducationEntertainmentFamilyFashionFoodGamesGenderHealthHolidaysHomeHubPagesPersonal FinancePetsPoliticsReligionSportsTechnologyTravel

GE Stainless Steel Microwave

Updated on April 12, 2016

I got a new black and white General Electric microwave for a Christmas gift close to ten years ago. The older one that I had before it was small and cooked the food very slow. The new one was a lot bigger and cooked the food much faster. When we were bringing it in the door, it got dropped on my finger and caused a subdermal hematoma on my fingernail. It was bleeding under the skin. I lost my whole fingernail and it took a couple of months to grow back. But the microwave wasn't damaged at all. I had to go to a business Christmas party right after that happened and we had steak for the meal. My hand was in so much pain that I couldn't eat anything at the party.

Food Spill Warning

It's very important to keep the glass tray inside of microwaves clean. One day I was warming up some biscuits and gravy. A little bit of food had spilled on the round glass tray and I hadn't cleaned it up yet. I put the biscuit in there to heat it up for just twenty seconds and the spilled food caught on fire with an orange flame but it went out on its own before I could do anything to put it out. The microwave still worked until recently when it started to develop a crack in the door. So I bought a new stainless steel version of it just exactly like the old one except for the color. There were no problems with getting this new one set up.


A video review.

Photo Gallery

Click thumbnail to view full-size
Closer ViewGE Black and White
Closer View
Closer View
GE Black and White
GE Black and White

Guestbook

    0 of 8192 characters used
    Post Comment

    • sousababy profile image

      sousababy 3 years ago

      Yeah, it's certainly important to clean that glass tray inside the microwave once in awhile. This looks like an excellent microwave (and decently priced).