- Food and Cooking
Gluten Free Shortbread Cookies
Say Yes to Gluten Free
Making shortbread cookies every Christmas has always been a family tradition. This year I decided to tweak my grandmothers traditional Scottish recipe and make a gluten free, low carb shortbread cookie. The texture of the cookie is slightly different than your normal shortbread, but the almond flour gives it a nutty flavor with a slight crisp texture.
To make a larger batch simply double the recipe.
- 1/2 pound of butter
- 2 cups of almond meal flour
- 1/2 cup of packed icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat and cream butter.
- Add the almond meal flour mixing really well.
- Add the icing sugar again mixing really well.
- With a teaspoon measure out dough.
- Roll into a ball and place on the cookie sheet.
- Gently press.
- Pop into the oven placing the cookie sheet on the center rack, and bake for approximately 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool.
Do you follow a gluten free diet?
© 2013 Susan Zutautas