Great Autumn Recipe
Corn Chowder Recipe
This can be made ahead of time and you simmer it on the stove. You can smell the delicious aroma of this chowder while it is cooking and it is a good meal to serve anytime.
I hope you enjoy reading and liking my recipe and want to make it for your family also. I have put in a lot of pictures and show you step by step on how to make it down below.
Photo Credit: by JuliaPayne1958
Look at This Chowder Recipe Below!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: Simmer for hours and then serve with crackers or croutons
Serves: 6-8 servings
- 8 russet potatoes (diced) about 2 cups
- 2 cans of whole kernel corn- 16 ounce cans
- 1 lb. of low sodium bacon (diced) which is about 15 slices
- minced onions- 1 teaspoon
- 2 cups of 1% lowfat milk
- 3 tablespoons butter ( shedd's spread or real unsalted butter)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese to taste
- Add crackers to taste
- Peel and dice about 2 cups of russet potatoes and boil them in a pot.
- Take the bacon and dice them into small pieces and fry them in a fry pan and add the minced onions and fry until cooked thoroughly.
- Then drain the bacon on a paper towel to strain the oil and set aside for now.
- When the potatoes are cooked thoroughly add the bacon, corn, and milk and butter and let it boil and then turn the stove down and simmer it until you are ready to serve it with saltine crackers or croutons.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- You can add Parmesan cheese to taste and enjoy the taste of the great fall recipe soup.
Great Pots and Pans
I recommend these pans for I use them for all my recipes and the food doesn't stick to the bottom.
Look Below to See What You Need for the Chowder!
Steps in Making the Corn Chowder Recipe
This Is the Ingredients for the Corn Chowder
Dice the Bacon Strips into Small Pieces and Fry Until Thoroughly Cooked
Boil Potatoes in Pan
Then Add the Corn to the Potatoes
Add Bacon to Potatoes and Corn
Add Milk and Butter to Potatoes, Corn, and Bacon and Let Simmer and Here Is the Finished Corn Chowder!
Other Soup and Chowder Recipes
How To Dice Potatoes
© 2012 JuliaAnnPayne