Happy Popcorn Lovers Day
The best old-fashioned fun snack of all is popcorn! You can eat plain or spice it up. You can pop it the old-fashioned way or pop it microwavable style. You can eat it at home or at the theaters watching the latest movie; even with friends as a celebration.
Speaking of celebrations, its National Popcorn Day January 19th. What a perfect day to make your favorite popcorn recipe and invite friends over to play games or watch movies to celebrate the famous popcorn snack. Maybe even string it up and decorate with it to go with your Popcorn day celebration.
In this lens you'll find three delicious popcorn recipes along with poppers, popcorn, bowls and seasoning. There are fond memories of popcorn night in my family growing up to read and hear about. I even asked others on Facebook what they would do for National Popcorn day to celebrate. Just to make it even more fun don't forget to listen to the Popcorn Song in the end. It will make you poppin happy!
Photo by South Bay Rants N Waves
January 19, 2013
Hee Haw Popcorn Night
It was a family tradition on Saturday nights to make popcorn and watch Hee Haw with my parents when I was growing up. We'd pop up popcorn and butter it up yummy; even eat ice cream for something sweet to go with.
Hee Haw was always fun to watch. All the joking around was so silly. I can hear my Dad laugh now as I think of those time. The religious and country music was nice to listen to. My mom loved all the music. They are such fond memories that will always be in my heart.
Photo by NWI Times
Hee Haw Salute On Popcorn Day!
This is a 5-disc collection packed with all your old time favorites from Hee Haw! Special memories of Grandpa Jones, Minnie Pearl and Buck Owens who have passed on.
Hee Haw - Gloom... Despair - A perfect Hee Haw song to help celebrate popcorn day!
Popcorn's a poppin away.....so is the Gloom... Despair. One of my favorite's.
Poppin Facebook Question
Popcorn Day Facebook Question
I thought it would be neat to ask others on my Facebook page to see how they would celebrate Popcorn Day on January 19th.
Here are the responses:
1. Make Popcorn
2. Have a birthday party
3. Make spiced popcorn
4. Pop a few pumpkin seeds in with the popcorn for health and flavor.
Take olive oil and put garlic in it and warm it up so the oil becomes enhanced. In a different bowl I mix oregano, basil, onion powder, yellow nutritional flakes, dash of black pepper and hot pepper flakes, Parmesan cheese, and salt. Pop the corn in a hot air popper. Place in a big plastic bag and dump in seasonings; drizzle in olive oil. Shake it all around. Enjoy! (By Daisy, FB Friend)
Photo by Never Mind the Bus Pass
Popcorn BucketCHECK PRICE
Popcorn Fun Time BowlCHECK PRICE
Popcorn BowlCHECK PRICE
Microwavable Kettle Popcorn
Kettle Popcorn is my favorite of all the microwavable flavors.
Serves: 9 Cups
- 3 quarts warm popped popcorn
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 cup candy coated chocolate pieces
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts or cashews
- Use a paper bag to put the popcorn in.
- In a bowl combine the powdered sugar, cinnamon, and ginger.
- Sprinkle over the warm popcorn; tossing well.
- Then add candy and nuts; toss again.
A Good Snack For You!
Surprisingly Good Popcorn Seasoning
Recipe by Magazine Fox News
- 4 tbsp celery salt
- 4 tbsp dried parsley flakes
- 6 tsp garlic powder
- 6 tsp salt
- 6 tsp ground savory
- 2 tsp dried marjoram
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground sage
- Make Popcorn.
- Mix all spice ingredients in a small bowl.
- Put in a glass or plastic container with a tight fitting lid.
- Shake well before sprinkling on top of freshly popped popcorn.
- Store rest of mixture to use later.
Popability is popcorn lingo!
Recipe by All Recipes
Serves: Makes 4 Quarts
- Cooking spray
- 4 quarts popped popcorn
- 4 quarts popped popcorn
- 1/2 cup Karo Corn Syrup
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Spray large shallow roasting pan with cooking spray and place popcorn on pan.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees while preparing caramel.
- Mix brown sugar, corn syrup, butter and salt in a saucepan.
- Stir constantly; bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Boil 5 more minutes without stirring.
- Remove from heat. Stir in baking soda and vanilla; mix well.
- Pour syrup over warm popcorn, stirring to coat evenly.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Stir occasionally. Remove popcorn from oven.
- Spray foil with cooking spray; lay out caramel popcorn.
- Cool; break apart.
- Store in tightly covered container.
Poppers and Popcorn With Seasoning
Nostalgia Vintage Popcorn PopperCHECK PRICE
Nostalgia Theater Popcorn PopperCHECK PRICE
Nostalgia Mini Hot Popcorn PopperCHECK PRICE
Popcorn - Amish Style or Great Northern
4-Kinds Bacon Popcorn SeasoningCHECK PRICE
Parmesan & Garlic Popcorn SeasoningCHECK PRICE
4 Seasonings Popcorn SeasoningCHECK PRICE