Mashed Potato Recipes
Try flavored mashed potatoes for your family dinner. They go great with meat and veggies!
I've heard talk about how sour cream in mashed potatoes is so good. They turn out creamy and smooth. So that's what I've decided to try for dinner. I always make the original homemade mashed potatoes which we all love but making a new variation is fun to try.
I will share with you in this lens a few sour cream mashed potato recipes I found that I plan to try; even an instructional video with a top secret variation recipe. Using red tomatoes are very nice for cooking and mashing. I'll share some spices that are great you can use. Now go an enjoy these recipes and make some to try for a family dinner! I know I will!
Photo by Whats Cooking America
Photo and Recipe by All Recipes
- Prep time: 10 min
- Cook time: 30 min
- Ready in: 40 min
- Yields: 8
- 2 pounds potatoes peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place potatoes in a large pan with enough water to cover.
- Bring to a boil. Cook for 20 to 25 minutes or until fork tender.
- Drain and mash potatoes.
- Mix in the milk using a potato masher or an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Stir in the sour cream and chives.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Enjoy with Holiday dinner!
Recipe List - Mashed Potatoes
Here's a list of five more fabulous mashed potatoes! It's to have several recipes to look and then combine what you like. Sour cream, chives and even horseradish mixed in them. Sounds like quite a combination but very good!
Sour Cream Garlic
Photo and Recipe by Taste of Home
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- 2 pounds red potatoes quartered
- **Do Not Peel Potatoes**
- 1 cup (8 ounces) Sour Cream
- 2 Tbsp minced fresh parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Place potatoes in a large pan and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients; mash until blended.
Red potatoes cook up really nice. They are perfect for making mashing!
Top Secret Recipe! - Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Shh.... Top Secret! This video will give you a step-by-step instruction on how to make Garlic Mashed Potatoes.
Tone's Spices - Top Quality Brand
These spices are what you would use to make flavor mashed potatoes with from both of the recipes I featured..
These are some very pretty wintery looking serving bowls, They will look beautiful on table for family dinners. Serve your favorite mashed potatoes in them.
I love this butterfly serving bowl. So pretty and summery.
This is rather retro design. I think it neat and fun for serving mashed potatoes in.