Homemade Potato Chips Recipes
Homemade Potato Chips
America's most favorite snack is potato chips. Instead of buying them; make them homemade.
A fun easy delicious snack that you can bake yourself is homemade potato chips. They are pretty simple to make and you can add your own different kinds of salts to fit your taste. Use can use different kinds of butter and oils to make them. That's what make them healthy; you are making them yourself and know what is in them. You can eat them with a meal or just as a snack. What's even fun; make chips for dessert using cinnamon. Sweeten it up a bit and enjoy!
In this lens I'll share six easy potato chip recipes you can make. They will be oven or microwave style; even make some tasty dip to go with them. You can check out a few how-to YouTube video's on making homemade potato chips as scroll through this lens. I'll share who invented potato chips and a story about a family owned potato chip company.
Photo by My Recipes
Recipe by My Recipes
Serves: 40 Chips
- 3 medium potatoes scrubbed and dried
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- Cut potatoes crosswise into even 1/8 inch thick slices.
- Put slices in a large bowl and toss with oil and salt.
- Line the bottom of microwave or round glass plate with parchment paper.
- Arrange slices in a single layer leaving a little space between slices.
- Microwave uncovered on high for 3 minutes until slices have softened and curled on edges.
- Turn slices over and microwave an additional 2 minutes as needed to crisp evenly.
- Put slices on a plate to cool.
- Repeat process until all chips are done.
- Chips will crisp more as they cool.
- Season with additional salt.
This is fun microwave that would be great for baking your homemade potato chips in.
Microwave Potato Chips
A fun way to make homemade potato chips is the Microwave.
Oven Fried Potato Chips
- 4 potatoes peeled and sliced
- 1/2 stick of butter melted
- Preheat oven to 500.
- Wash and pat dry potatoes with paper towels.
- Arrange potatoes in one layer on 2 greased cookie sheets.
- Brush potatoes with butter.
- Bake potatoes for 15 to 20 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Sprinkle with salt.
Sports Chip and Dip Bowl's - Sport Lover's!
Potato Chips with Blue Cheese Dip
Recipe by My Recipes
- 1 lb potato chips thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/3 cup fat free sour cream
- 2 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp skim milk
- 1/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Combine blue cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, skim milk, Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl. Cover and chill.
- Then wash and pat dry potatoes with paper towels.
- Arrange potato slices in a single layer on a greased cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with Â½ tsp salt.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Turn potato slice over and back an additional 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Repeat process until all potatoes are done.
- Serve with blue cheese mixture.
Chips Baskets - Red, Yellow and Blue!
How To Make Homemade Potato Chips
This is just a basic how to video on how to make potato chips.
Chips Made In Peanut Oil
Parmesan and Garlic Potato Chips
- 3 potatoes
- Peanut oil
- 2 tbsp Parmesan grated
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Deep Fryer
- Preheat deep fryer at 350 degrees with peanut oil.
- Slice potatoes using a mandolin into thin strips.
- In a small bowl, mix together cheese, garlic powder, parsley and black pepper.
- Add small amounts of sliced potatoes at a time into oil.
- Fry until they are golden brown for about 2 minutes.
- Drain the chips on a paper towel lined plate.
- When drained immediately add the Parmesan mixture.
A Mandoline is a cooking utensil used for slicing and for cutting veggie's such as potato's. You can use this to help you make homemade potato chips.
Homemade Kettle Chips with Onion Dill Dip
Recipe by Laurens Latest
- 4 large potatoes
- 2 pints peanut oil
- Sea salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely diced yellow onion
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- Salt & pepper
- Wash potatoes and pat dry. Using a mandolin slice potatoes thin then place them in a bowl of cold water to soak for 30 minutes.
- While potatoes are soaking; mix sour cream, mayonnaise, onion, and dill, salt and pepper to taste for Onion Dill Dip. Chill in refrigerate and then serve with chips.
- Heat peanut oil in large pot over medium heat. Dry potato slices. Divide them into 4 batches and fry 1 batch at a time. Stir occasionally. After 3-5 minutes the potatoes should be brown and look like chips. Drain with a slotted spoon and place onto paper towels. Sprinkle with sea salt. Repeat for rest of the batches.
- When done serve with onion dill dip.
Cinnamon Sweet Potato Chips
Recipe by All Recipes
- 2 sweet potatoes peeled thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease two baking sheets.
- Arrange sweet potato slices in a single layer onto baking sheets.
- Stir together butter, salt, brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Then brush mixture onto sweet potato slices.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until edges curl upwards.
Cinnamon - Sweeten Up The Chips!
A fun way to sweeten up chips to have for a snack dessert.
Photo by Mikesell's
Mikesell's Potato Chips - Family Owned!
Potato chips were invented in the mid 1800's in Saratogo, New York by George Crum. They became known as Saratogo Chips. Since then many more companies evolved in the making of potato chips.
One of them is Mikesell's Potato Chips which came about in 1910. This potato chip company holds dear to my heart since it is in my family. I learned about them in my younger days. I was grocery shopping and came around the corner of the isle to see my last name on a potato chip can. I was so surprised I called my Dad right away. He said yes it was a relative who owned and started this company. I thought it was pretty cool; kinda like being famous. I don't live in an area where I can just buy them but I get them every chance I can when I am visiting in the area's where they are sold at. Those areas are Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky and Illinois They can be ordered online at there website as well which I have done.
The chips are very tasty and good. They are made in peanut oil. They have many flavors you can choose from. All are very good. I love them. They also carry pretzels, puff corn, curls and chip dip.
Photo by Mikesell's