- Food and Cooking»
- Starter & Snack Recipes
Hummus with Tahini
Hummus with Tahini
Hummus with tahini is one of a famous dishes in many Arab countries,and it is a kind of appetizers,it is made from chickpeas, oil and tahini. In addition,hummus with tahini is an easy recipe, and it is not an expensive dish, and all the ingredients within the reach of everyone
you can prepare it on your method, and add your favorite flavors. Hummus with tahini is served as a side dish with meats, also, it fits vegetarians, because of its high benefits.
- Two cups of boiled chickpeas.
- ½ cup lemon juice.
- Half a cup of oil.
- . Eight teaspoons tahini.
- Ten tablespoons of boiling water of chickpeas.
Salt, to taste.
Put all the ingredients in a blender and mix these ingredients very well together to produce a smooth mixture, then put in serving dish and adorn it as we wish.
Suitable for Vegetarians
Iraqi Hummus with Tahini:
- A cup of dry chickpeas.
- Four glasses of water.
- Half a teaspoon of Bicarbonate of soda.
- ½ cup tahini.
- ½ teaspoon turmeric.
- Two cups of chicken broth, and can be replaced with four cups of water.
- Cloves of garlic mashed with salt.
- Put chickpeas in a bowl, add water, and Bicarbonate of soda, and soak it for a night before use.
- Filter chickpeas from water, then wash it very well, and put it in the saucepan with chicken broth or water, and put it on simmer, and wait until it boils, after that put turmeric, and let it boils again on simmer for 60 minutes or more if necessary until it becomes ripe , then strain it, and keep chickpeas cooking water.
- Put chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, garlic and cooking water in the blender, and mix them with each other until the mixture becomes soft and smooth. And you can taste it, and adjust the ingredients for better taste, and if the mixture is thick you can add a larger amount of chickpeas cooking water.
- Put the mixture of chickpeas with tahini in a dish, and served with bread.