- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Homemade Chicken Roll
It started when we had our (family) canteen and catering business a few years ago. My mother hired a Chef then who makes really good dish. On one of the occasions, I asked him if he could make that chicken menu I saw from the cookbook I bought, just to try it out. So he did it and it brought good luck because from then on our business receive a lot of orders. When the chef decided to venture into his own business, my mom started doing the chicken dish by herself...she did it well with her own technique and still receives orders from people we knew and from others who had a taste of it. We call it the Chicken Roll.
What you Need
- 6 pcs Chicken Breast, deboned, skinless, butterfly cut
- 6 slices Processed Cheese, sliced thinly
- 1 pc Carrot, julliened
- Pickles, julliened
- 1 pc Egg, medium sized
- 1/2 cup Fresh milk
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- oil, for frying
How to Do it:
- Wash the chicken breast and pound it a little.
- In a bowl, combine fresh milk, salt and pepper. Add the chicken breast and marinate overnight.
- On a plate, gently lay down the marinated chicken breast. On one end of it, add 1 slice of cheese, 2 slices of carrots and pickles. Roll over.
- Beat the egg or use only egg white. Seal the chicken roll by brushing it with the beaten egg or egg white.
- Roll the chicken on the bread crumbs then deep fry until it turns golden brown
- Slice it into 3-4 pieces (depending on the size of your chicken roll). Serve with mayo or your favorite dressing on the side. It is best served with Pasta or Rice.
**Will make about 18 - 24 pieces if you slice it into 3-4 per roll
**Serves 9-12 person
**You may use other veggies in place of carrots or pickles. Fresh milk can be replaced with Evaporated milk or low fat milk. You may also use easy melt cheese or any pasteurized processed cheese.
Reminder: Always wash hands when preparing and cooking to avoid the spread of bacteria. I always wash the chicken before I marinate it.