Homemade Chicken Roll
It started when we had our (family) canteen and catering business a few years ago. My mother hired a Chef who was really good in preparing and cooking. One day, I asked him if he could make that chicken menu I saw from the cookbook I bought, just to try it out. So he did it and it brought good luck because from then on our business received lots of orders. When the chef decided to venture into his own business, my mom started doing the chicken dish by herself...she did it well with her own technique and still received orders from our customers. We call it "Chicken Roll". Some calls it chicken cordon bleu.
These were the rolls I made for business. I posted the photos online for orders.
What you Need
- 6 pcs chicken breast, deboned, skinless, butterfly cut
- 6 slices cheese, sliced thinly
- 1 pc carrot, julliened
- 1 pc red or green bell pepper, julliened
- Pickles, julliened
- 1 egg, medium sized
- 1/2 cup fresh milk
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Oil, for frying
How to Do it:
- Wash the chicken breast and pound it a little.
- In a bowl, combine fresh milk, salt and pepper. Add the chicken breast and marinate overnight.
- On a plate, gently lay down the marinated chicken breast. On one end of it, add 1 slice of cheese, 2 slices of carrots, 1 slice of red or green bell pepper and pickes. Roll over.
- Beat the egg or use only egg white. Seal the chicken roll by brushing it with the beaten egg or egg white.
- Roll the chicken on the bread crumbs then deep fry until it turns golden brown
- Slice it into 3-4 pieces (depending on the size of your chicken roll). Serve with mayo or your favorite dressing on the side. It is best served with Pasta or Rice.
© 2011 momiyhang