- Food and Cooking»
- World Cuisines»
- East Asian Cuisine
Japanese Pork - Pork Stir Fry
Pork Stir Fry Ingredients
This delicious pork stir fry is intended to be served with fried rice, though it can also be served with noodles, and it makes a perfect filling for gyoza dumplings. This pork stir fry is fragrant and has the most lovely clean taste that is bursting with flavor.
Preparing this dish takes very little time and cooking it, even less. For a really fast homemade meal, this easy pork stir fry has amazing flavors that will make this recipe a family favorite. This pork stir fry is also gluten free.
200g Minced Pork
200g Spring Onions
5g Root Ginger
2 Tablespoons Sesame Oil
1/2 Tablespoon Sake
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1 1/2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
How To Make Japanese Pork Stir Fry
- Slice the sping onions thinly
- Grate the ginger
- Mix the pork mince with a fork, pressing down with the prongs to mix the pork into a smooth paste
- Add spring onions and ginger to the pork
- Add the sake, soy sauce and salt
- Mix together evenly
- Leave to marinade while heating the wok (the longer you leave the pork mixture the stronger the flavors will be - 30 minutes is plenty if you want it to marinade longer, if not, just leave it for as long as the wok takes to heat up)
- Add the sesame oil to the hot wok
- Just as the oil begins to smoke add the pork mixture
- Stir Fry continuosly
- Cook for 6 - 8 minutes or until all the pork is no longer pink
Easy Egg Fried Rice Recipe
Egg fried rice goes great with this pork stir fry.
Ingredients To Make Gyoza Dumpling Filling
Making gyoza dumplings from scratch is something that I have done many times. They are delicious, but incredibly time consuming and fiddly to make. If you are making your own dough it's a bit of an effort, so for practical purposes I would buy ready made.
If you take the effort of making the gyoza dough out of the equation, aside from the fiddly assembly of putting the right amount of pork mixture into the little rounds and sealing them, this dish is easy! Well, at least making the filling and the gyoza dipping sauce is!
Ingredients for the gyoza filling to make 24:
Exactly the same as above!
I adapted my gyoza recipe because I wanted the delicious flavors, but not as a dumpling. The filling recipe works incredibly well in a stir fry, you still get those amazing flavors but without having to serve them as gyoza dumpling.
I'm a celiac, I've been having to adapt recipes to make them gluten free since I found out. Some things have gone off the menu completely for me, but some I just manage to adapt and enjoy the flavors in a different way. This pork stir fry is 100% gluten free!