Jello Mousse - Easy Valentine's Day Dessert
An Easy Valentine's Day Dessert Recipe
Are you looking for a fantastic dessert recipe for Valentine's Day that is easy to make? Then you have come to the right place. I will share with you this recipe for Jello Mousse that I got from my sister.
If you use Cherry Jello it will be a perfect for Valentines day pink color. It is very simple and it takes less then 10 minutes to prepare. To make it fancy, you can serve it in a champagne or wine glass. Then top it off with Cool Whip and a cherry.
How To Make Jello Mousse
Below is the instructions and ingredients required to make Jello Mousse. For a lower calorie version you can substitute in sugar free versions of the products.
- One package of Cherry Jello
- Cool Whip (or any brand of whipped topping)
- Pour the package of Cherry Jello into a medium to large size mixing bowl
- Add 1 Cup of boiling water and stir until the powder has dissolved
- Now add 1 Cup of cold water and stir it again
- Add approximately 1/2 of an 8oz (1litre) container of Cool whip that has thawed
- Use a hand mixer to to whip them together
- Pour the mixture into the serving dishes of your choice
- Put the dishes into the fridge and let it set
- You can serve it as it is or top it with the left over cool whip or even add some fruit.
This is a basic, inexpensive hand held electric mixer. This is what I use to make my Jello Mousse.
Did You Find it Easy to Make?
Easy Dessert Recipe For Everyday
Since this such an easy dessert to make, you can use it for everyday meals as well. On those occasions, you just don't need to put into fancy dishes.
Actually that is how I first tried it. My sister served this to us for dessert when she cooked a meal for us in her new home. It is light, fluffy, and really delicious.
Cherry works well for Valentine's Day because it fits into the color scheme for the day, Any other time you serve it you can use whichever one is your favorite flavor. Changing the flavor gives you a little variety, so you can serve it everyday, without getting bored of it.
Low Calorie Dessert
I needed to ask her for the recipe when I ended up buying sugar free Jello by mistake. I knew if I added the Cool whip it would sweeten it up.
However if you want to make it a completely low calorie dessert you can get both the Jello and the Cool Whip in the sugar free variety.
This will give some more ideas for what else you can do with Jello.