Mexican Pizza Recipe, Muy Delicioso!
I love Mexican food! The other night we made tacos and they were delicious. I was trying to figure out what to make for dinner tonight and I seen I still had sour cream, guacamole, and other Mexican ingredients from our taco dinner. I decided to use up the rest of it and make another Mexican dish. I love creating new things, and I thought a Mexican Pizza would be a fun thing to try out. You could add so many other things to your own pizza, such as refried beans, black beans, different cheeses, etc. I chose these ingredients because it is what I had on hand. Let me tell you though, this turned out absolutely delicious! I loved it so much I drove to my mother's house and brought her some. She's now wanting to make it together sometime, so I'm really looking forward to that. So I hope you will give this a try, it was a huge hit in my house!
- Prep time: 20 min
- Cook time: 25 min
- Ready in: 45 min
- Yields: 2
- 2 Large Flour Tortilla Shells
- Vegetable Oil (For Frying Shell)
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheese
- 1/2 Can Diced Tomatoes (Drained)
- Sour Cream (2 Big spoonfuls)
- Guacamole (1 Big spoonful)
- 1/2 packet of Taco Seasoning (I like McCormick)
- 1/2 lb Ground Beef
- 1/2 Cup Diced Green Peppers
- 1/2 Cup Diced Onions
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large frying pan, heat a few tablespoons of vegetable oil. Then add your tortilla shell (do one at a time). Fry your shell, flipping it to prevent bubbling, until it's nice and crispy. This doesn't take long, you can just sit them aside once they are done.
- Next, you will want to brown your hamburger meat.
- Once your meat is browned, add 1/2 of the packet of a taco seasoning mix of your choice (or your own spices if you prefer). Mix it well, add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a small bowl, combine your guacomole, sour cream, and a few tablespoons of diced tomatoes. Mix this together, it will be your "pizza sauce". Spread this mixture over each tortilla shell, and place them on top of each other. The reason you do two is just to make your pizza crust thicker and sturdier.
- Take your meat and sprinkle evenly on the pizza, followed by your diced green peppers and onions. Sprinkle the remaining diced tomatoes, and some salt if you prefer.
- Finally you will sprinkle (or cover) the pizza in the shredded cheese.
- Place in oven for 10-15 minutes, then take out and enjoy!
We have a pizza cutter similar to this at our family's restaurant and it works so much better than the average rolling kind. I still need to get one for my house though.
A nice set, but especially nice to have on your Mexican food nights! I love the toothpick holder, I can never find toothpicks when I need them!