- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Simple Mexican Rice-Quick, and Easy
Serve this delicious, side dish with quesadillas, tacos, or any Mexican meal. Wonderful, combined with diced chicken, pork, or even hamburger, as a main dish. Serve with tortilla chips, and salsa. With very few ingredients, a very simple, and quick meal idea. For a busy weeknight, or a weekend party. Easily made in a crock pot , and taken to any occasion. I made this rice, for a Super Bowl Party, with quesadillas, and it was a big hit. Decorate your backyard with lights, supply fun party favors, and you'll have a big hit. This recipe is requested, quite often.
- 1 cup white rice, or brown, uncooked
- 1 can (8oz) tomato sauce, hunts
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) chicken broth, college inn
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder, to taste
- pinch salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/8 tsp cumin
- pinch cilantro, optional
- Place one tablespoon of oil in pan, add rice, and lightly brown. Add chicken broth, tomato sauce, and spices to pan. Simmer over low heat, until all liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and serve.
- To prepare as a main dish. Place one tablespoon of oil in pan. Add a protein, diced chicken, diced pork, or hamburger. Cook until no longer pink, about 20 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients. Simmer over low heat, until all liquid is absorbed.
- Can also be made in a crockpot for busy days. Add chicken to crockpot, liquids, and seasonings, except rice. Simmer 3-6 hours until chicken is tender. Within an hour of serving, add 1 cup of rice. Allow to cook until all liquid is absorbed.
- Serve with tortilla chips and salsa, see recipe within my hubpages.
- Semi-Homemade Cooking : Sandra Lee : Food Network
Sandra Lee shares her techniques for combining fresh ingredients with specially selected store-bought items. The result mouthwatering meals and desserts, prepared in minutes, that taste like they were made from scratch.
- FoodNetworkTV - YouTube
Welcome to the official YouTube channel of the Food Network. Food Network and foodnetwork.com explore the world of food in a fresh variety of ways while also giving viewers the technique-based knowledge they've come to trust. The In the Kitchen dayti
- artist101 on HubPages