Mushroom Soup Recipe - From Our House to Yours
Homemade Mushroom Artichoke Soup
Even in Hawaii we have our cooler winter days and evenings. Those are the times when a nourishing pot of homemade soup or stew is often found simmering and bubbling goodness in the kitchen.
The kitchen in our home is no exception. Over the course of our 35 year marriage, my husband has made some winning dishes. This yummy recipe is just one of them.
Directions for this tasty, light, easy to make homemade mushroom artichoke soup are just a few steps away. It's a kitchen creation my husband made up one winter Sunday afternoon when we were trying to think of something easy to go with crusty bread.
- One half onion - diced
- Half stick butter
- 1 potato - peeled and diced
- 2 cans vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup skim milk
- Small tray mushrooms
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 bottle artichoke hearts - sliced
- 1 green onion - dished to garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In medium saucepan, melt the half stick of butter on medium high heat. Sautee the onion in butter until it's transparent. To this, add diced potato and lightly brown.
- 2. Next, add the two cans of broth, the 1/2 cup water and 1 cup milk. Bring to a boil and simmer (uncovered) for 15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- 3. Clean and slice the mushrooms. Add the mushrooms and minced garlic to the soup. Cook 10 minutes.
- 4. Add the sliced artichoke hearts and cook an additional 5 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with green onions. It's done! Makes 4 servings.
Tip: Make your own crusty bread to serve with homemade soup!
Pause for a Poll
Do you prefer a tasty bowl of homemade soup or stew with a slice of crusty bread?
Make Some Crusty Bread - to go with homemade mushroom soup!
I'm NOT a baker and thought I would NEVER own a breadmaker because my previous breadmaking experiences were ALWAYS a disaster! I received this breadmaker as a gift and it has been a joy to use from the very beginning. Truthfully, I was REALLY skeptical when I opened this box but I read the instructions and decided to give it a try.
Success from the very first loaf! Our favorites so far are the summer wheat bread and the french country loaf. Outstanding! This breadmaking machine produces so many different types of dough (including dinner roll and pizza dough).
Add the liquid ingredients, add the dry ingredients and ALWAYS add the yeast last. Choose your settings. Hit start. That's it! The breadmaker does EVERYTHING and YES, of course, it bakes the bread too!
I was also pleasantly surprised that BREAD flour is NOT expensive and is readily available. We are saving money, eating healthier because our breads are NOT full of preservatives. It's delicious too! And the delay timer feature means we can have a fresh loaf of bread ready after work or in time for breakfast. :)
Get this breadmaker!!! :)
Soup is just more appetizing when it's served in beautiful soup bowls, don't you think?
This design is a classic that has been around for a long time.
A set of classic white bowls.