Oatmeal Butterscotch Craisin Cookies
Not the ordinary "Cookie Cutter" Recipe
My oatmeal cookies have been a favorite of my family's since I began making them. One reason they are a hit is because they are more substantial than most cookies and use less sugar.I like making several batches of these cookies and freeze them so I have plenty on hand for company, and to pack in lunches for a mid-morning or late afternoon snack. Even though we like to have them with coffee or tea, they taste great with orange juice too.
Take a look at more of my homemade family favorite desserts, stews and brunch recipes also listed on this site.
Image by favored1
Copyrighted Material by Favored1. Do not copy. Photo credit byFavored1 or Amazon unless otherwise noted. This artwork is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License.
1st Place Blue Ribbon Recipe 2013
Poll: Cookie Fan
Have you ever eaten Oatmeal Butterscotch Craisin Cookies?
Best Selling Cookie Cookbook
It's not surprising that we would find Martha Stewart among the leaders in cookie cookbooks. Beautiful photographs of the best cookies you'll ever eat.Besides the traditional oatmeal raisin and chocolate chip cookies, there are new recipes that include all kinds of brownies, shortbread, fruit and nut cookies that will become new favorites.
Do you like Snickerdoodles? Chewy or chunky cookies? How about brownies or fruit bars? Learn how to make them in Martha Cookie Cookbook with 175 yummy recipes you'll love. 352 pages
Make several batches - some to eat, freeze and give away!
I wish you could smell these baking as I'm writing this article. Umm! Another batch of what some may think is a holiday cookie, but we like them all year round. Better hurry, these went right after the photo!.
Cookie Recipe Ingredients You'll Need
Oatmeal Butterscotch Craisin Cookies by Favored1
This is a recipe I created for my husband. You can make it without the butterscotch morsels and they are still great.
Follow Fay on:
Pre-heat oven 350 degrees.
You will need: cookie sheets, spatula, mixing bowls, spoon, measuring cup, cooling rack
- Prep time: 15 min
- Cook time: 10 min
- Ready in: 25 min
- Yields: Makes 3 dozen
- 1 stick plus 6 tbsp. of soft butter - room temperature
- 3/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinammon
- 3 cups of quick uncooked oatmeal
- 1 cup craisins or raisins if you prefer
- 1 and 1/2 cups of butterscotch morsels
- In a large bowl mix butter, honey and brown sugar. Add vanilla and eggs and beat until creamy. I mix my cookie batter by hand, but you can use an electric mixer on low speed.
- Add flour, baking soda and cinnamon. Blend together until well mixed.
- Stir in oats and then craisins. When mixed add butterscotch morsels.
- Using a cookie or ice cream scoop drop dough in a rounded spoonful onto the ungreased cookie sheets. Flatten them out a little with your finger.
- Bake for about 9-11 minutes or until golden brown. Do not over bake. Cool 2 minutes before placing them on a wire rack. Make sure the cookies are completely cooled before storing them. Can be frozen. Cookies are somewhat dry and really good with coffee or tea.
- Image by favored1
I mail my baked goods frozen. It helps to preserve the freshness.
Oatmeal Cookie Recipes on Video
Oatmeal Scotchies - Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies - Laura in the Kitchen Ep 193
Grandma's Oatmeal Raisin Cookie (Raw Vegan Style)
P.O.B.'S Pumpkin Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies Recipe
Place wax paper between cookies when you stack them in gift containers.
Baking Tips for Successful Cookies
Even though I like to melt the butter for my recipes, in some it may cause the cookies to be too soft and they won't shape properly.
Use a cookie scoop to make the cookies the same size so they will look nice as gifts.
Wait a least 2-3 minutes before removing cookies from sheet so they don't break or lose their form.
Make sure cookies are completely cool before freezing them. Place cookies on a clean baking sheet in the freezer so they freeze individually. Then transfer them to an airtight container for freezing. This way you can remove a few at a time when you want them.
Don't have time to bake the entire batch? No problem. You can freeze individual unbaked cookies on cookie sheets for up to six months in an air tight container. When you are ready, bake the frozen cookies a little longer than the regular baking time.
Freezer Storage Containers with Lids - Make it, Freeze it, Share it!
Freezer containers are a good way to save time and money. Save time in the kitchen by making double batches of cookies and freezing the rest. Be sure to leave some out for sharing!
Oatmeal Cookie Recipes
- Oatmeal Butterscotch Raisin Cookies by Food.com
Cookie recipe using raisins, nutmeg and Allspice.
- Oatmeal Butterscotch Raisin Cookies by Taste of Home
Recipe uses butterscotch pudding mix.
- Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies by Allrecipes
Look for more oatmeal cookie recipes from this site.
Look for me on the web for more recipes.
Rate this cookie recipe.
© 2013 Fay Favored