Old Fashioned Caramel Recipe
Delicious Old Fashioned Caramel Recipe
Make everyone scream for sweetness with this amazing Old Fashioned Caramel Recipe. This Old Fashioned Caramel Recipe makes enough caramel candies for everyone and makes a quick sweet treat after dinner. Delicious Old Fashioned Caramel Recipe.
1 c butter
14-oz can sweetened condensed milk
2 Â¼ c packed brown sugar
1 c light corn syrup
1 Â½ tsp real vanilla
- 1. Butter 8-inch square glass pan. In heavy 3-quart pan, melt butter. Add sugar and mix well.
- 2. Stir in corn syrup; cook until well blended and sugar dissolves. Remove from heat; stir in condensed milk. Cook over
- medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture reaches soft boil, 240 on candy thermometer, (about 20-30 min).
- 3. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Pour hot mixture into prepared pan.
- 4. Cool to room temperature. When candy has set, carefully lift corner and slip spatula under candy to remove from pan.
- 5. Using thin knife cut cooled caramel with light sawing motion.
- Wrap in 2-inch squares of waxed paper.