Groundbeef Sandwich Recipe
- 2 POUNDS GROUND BEEF
- 1 CUP FINELY CHOPPED ONIONS
- 12 OUNCES CHEDDAR CHEESE, CUBED
- 4 PERFECT ** HARD BOILED EGGS, CHOPPED
- 1 CUP CHOPPED OLIVES WITH PIMENTO
- 2/ 8 OUNCE CANS TOMATO SAUCE
- 4 TABLESPOONS A-1 STEAK SAUCE
- 1 TEASPOON GARLIC POWDER
- 18 HAMBURGER BUNS
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Brown ground beef and onions together.
- In a separate bowl, mix the small cubed cheese, chopped eggs and chopped olives
- Stir in the ground beef mix, tomato sauce, A-1 sauce and garlic powder, Mix well.
- Add equal portions of the loose meat mix to each bun, repeat until 18 buns are filled.
- Wrap each filled bun in aluminum foil.
- Place on baking sheet and bake in oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
Don't Overstuff Yourself With These!
What would be a different item to have over Labor Day weekend? You can still use hamburger buns, but dare to be different! I will tempt you to use my recipe for my “Overstuffed Sandwiches.”
You can still grill out the hotdogs, but spare the burgers and try these overstuffed sandwiches. The combination of ingredients is savory and delicious and the loose meat mix can be prepped ahead of time. Also, in case it rains, you are safe as this recipe is finished in the oven.
Here is my bonus tip. So, even if you do not try the recipe for the overstuffed sandwiches, you now have a way to have perfectly hard boiled eggs.
**PERFECT HARD BOILED EGGS
Follow these directions for the perfect hard boiled egg. I guarantee that every time you make these, they will be perfect…lemon yellow colored yokes without the green and easy to peel.
1) Fill a saucepan with cold water.
2) Add the four eggs.
3) Bring to a rapid boil.
4) Watch closely. Once they are at a rapid boil, time the boiling eggs for exactly 2 minutes.
5) At the end of 2 minutes, shut off flame and put a lid on the pot.
6) Remove from heat source and leave covered for exactly 11 minutes.
7) After 11 minutes, carefully drain hot water and run cold water over the eggs in the pot.
8) When they are cool enough to handle, remove from under cold running water.
9) Dry the eggs and let sit until ready to peel and chop.
But try the loosemeat recipe!. I tell you, it is delicious. The textures are hardy and the flavor is a bit salty from the olives, savory from the sauce and comforting from the cheese.
The challenge is not in the prepping or making of these delicious, bun stuffed, tempting morsels but in making sure there is enough for everyone before you grab seconds. I wish everyone and their families a safe and happy Labor Day !