Pancake Pens - Art for Breakfast
Pancake Pens & Other Artful Pancake Designs
Pancake pens are fun and add a magical element to any breakfast. Even a child who's a reluctant breakfast-eater will get enthused about fancy pancake shapes and letters.
Your first batch of pancakes using your pen may not look like a breakfast that can be showcased in an art gallery. Check out my tips to become a pro at making fancy pancakes.
are easy to use and before long, you'll be making fun shapes and designs with pancake batter. With a little practice you'll have the artful and unusual pancake shapes that you want. Tovolo Pancake Pen
Photo courtesy of Amazon
How To Use Pancake Pens
Make Art For Breakfast With Pancake Pens
It takes a little practice to get the perfect shapes. Here are a few tips to use your pancake pens when you first start out. After some practice with it you can broaden your pancake shaping horizons.
1. Unless using a pre-made mix, mix your ingredients in a bowl first. When you get the hang of it you can switch back to making it in the pancake pen.
2. Start out with thick lines. Thin lines maybe pretty if you get them right, but thick lines make it easier to learn.
3. Start the flip of pancake in the thickest part to avoid tearing the thin areas of your design.
Best Selling Pancake Pen
* Dispenser holds 3-cups of pancake batter and has easy flow silicone tip
* Clear sides and measurement markings allow for mixing ingredients in the pen
* Easily create fun shape pancakes: letters, numbers, fill pancake molds or create perfectly round pancakes with one squeeze
* Pen body is made of durable contoured plastic for a comfortable grip and control, tip is heat-resistant (up to 600 degrees)
* Pen size measures 2.75 x 2.75 x 11.25 inches and features removable top and bottom allow for easy filling and cleaning; dishwasher safe
Watch The Pancake Pen In Action - Youtube Video
The pancake pen is easy to use to make the perfect shape pancake as well as to make cool forms of pancake art.
YouTube Demonstration of the Pancake Pen
Best Fun Shape Pancake Recipe Book - OMG Pancakes!: 75 Cool Creations Your Kids Will Love to Eat by Jim Belosic
Available from Amazon.
Pancake unicorns, beehives, and even bridges, Ferris wheels, and construction cranes have all risen to life through Jim's artful use of squeeze bottles, tasty and nutritious coloring and flavor techniques, and fearless creativity. OMG Pancakes also includes holiday-themed creations like Ghost and Pumpkin for Halloween, Turkey for Thanksgiving, a Christmas Tree, and much more.
Christmas Designs for Pancakes
Best Pancake Batter Recipes For Pancake Pens - Pancake Recipes For Making Pancake Art
There is no one recipe you have to use to make fun and delicious art with your pen, but you should keep what type of pancake art you are doing in mind.
If you're using your pen to fill shapes it may be extra fun with fluffy pancakes.
However if you making pancake art that needs to stand less, then a thinner pancake recipe will probably work best.
- How to Make Betty Crocker Pancakes: 6 steps (with pictures) - wikiHow
How to Make Betty Crocker Pancakes. Pancakes make a wonderful breakfast and even a dinner in some countries!
- The world's best pancake recipe
The world's best pancake recipe
- Good Old Fashioned Pancakes
A low cost easy way to make pancakes
- Fluffy Pancakes
Fun fluffy pancakes great to use with pancake shapers.
Pancake Pens - Love Them or Not??
Vote in the poll
Pancake Shapers For Pancake Pens - Make Thick Shapes With Your Pancakes
You can make thin shapes with your pancake pens. If you want fluffy thick pancakes with perfect shapes you can try using pancake shapers with your pens. To make cool designs make an outline or design in shape and let it cook for a few seconds before filling it in. You will see your design because it would have cooked just a bit longer then the other portion of the pancake.
Pancakes with an Egg in the Center - Use the Ring above to Do This
Heart Shaped Pancakes!
You can use this to make a heart shaped pancake or even a pair of joined hearts (place them close together).
Another way to use these is to put an egg in the heart then surround it with pancake batter. See the video below for how this would work.