- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes»
- Dessert Cakes
Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes Recipe
Easy Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes Recipe
Here is an easy Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes Recipe that will be a perfect way for you to celebrate Peanut Butter and Jelly Day on April 2nd.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes are so yummy and make a great snack for your children. All kids love peanut butter and jelly and they love cupcakes, so combine the two great flavors into one quick and easy desserts recipe.
Watch the Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes cooking videos featured below to learn how to make Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes. Or print out the recipe for later if you like!
I hope you and your kids enjoy making these delicious PB&J Cupcakes.
Peanut Butter & Jelly Cupcake Recipe
8 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon table salt
1/2 cup sour cream
2 large eggs, room temperature
1 large egg yolk, room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup strawberry jelly
Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Frosting, recipe follows
Confetti pastel sprinkles, for garnish
- Start out by putting an oven rack in the middle of the oven and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Next... Line a standard 12 cup muffin tin with cupcake liners and set aside.
- Then... In the stand mixing bowl, add the butter and the sugar and beat that until it is light and fluffy. Should take around about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile... In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the sour cream to the butter and sugar mixture and continue to beat until incorporated.
- Then.. Add the eggs and yolk, 1 at a time, beating until thoroughly mixed into the batter. Add in the vanilla and continue to mix. Slowly add the dry ingredients, in increments, and mix until combined.
- After that... Scoop the batter into the cupcake liners to fill 3/4 of the way.
- Put the unbaked cupcakes in the oven and bake. Set your timer for 18 to 20 minutes.
- Ding! Timers Done... The cupcakes should be a pale gold color and a toothpick should come out clean. Remove the cupcakes from the oven and let cool in the tins for 5 minutes.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool completely before frosting and filling.
- Meanwhile, fit a plain pastry tip to the bottom of a gallon-sized resealable plastic bag and fill with strawberry jelly.
- Once the cupcakes are cool, insert the tip far into the cupcake and slowly squeeze in about 1 tablespoon or so of jam.
- Be careful not to overfill the cupcakes or they will crumble and explode.
- Repeat with the remaining cupcakes.
- Frost the cupcakes with the Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Frosting recipe below using a pastry bag and a star tip.
- Sprinkle lightly with the confetti sprinkles and serve.
Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Frosting
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, add the cream cheese and butter.
- Beat until well combined, then add the vanilla and peanut butter and beat until well mixed.
- Slowly add the confectioners' sugar and beat until well incorporated.
Amount Per ServingCalories: 480 | Total Fat: 17.9g | Cholesterol: 50mg
© 2012 Cynthia Sylvestermouse