Peanut Butter Cookies
Quick & Easy
The peanut butter cookie has to be in the top ten in terms of popularity for "favorite cookie". I know it is one of mine and it is definitely one of the husband's.
If you love peanut butter cookies, then you have come to the right place.
Get your cookie sheets out and warm up the oven!
Citation: unless otherwise stated images are copyright M. E. Wood.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: Baking time varies.
Serves: Makes 3 dozen.
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- Measure ingredients into a bowl and mix thoroughly with blender. Will be thick.
- Measure out rounded teaspoons and roll into balls as you go along. Lay out balls onto cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Press into a flat cookie with a fork by making a criss cross on top of each ball.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes (depending on your oven temperature and how crunchy you like your cookies) at 325 degrees F (150 C).
- Let cool on pan for 40 to 60 seconds then move to cooking rack.
- Makes approximately 3 dozen cookies that are good both warm and cold.
The Tools for a Good Cookie
Producing a good peanut butter cookie has less to do with accurate measuring and more to do with what you are using to bake with.
If you use crappy peanut butter you are going to get a crappy cookie. I prefer to use Kraft Crunchy Peanut Butter for cookie baking.
Parchment Paper is a must! I never used it for decades and now I swear by it. Especially with an oven that has a mind of its own. Parchment paper prevents the bottom from cooking (or overcooking) before the top has time to catch up. It is a miracle. Seriously, try it.
Roll those sleeves up and get sticky. Then roll that mixture into cute little balls. Rolling each cookie by hand guarantees your ingredients are completely mixed. And it just makes a prettier cookie.