Under the Sea Pear Salad
"... always room for Jell-O"
Under the Sea Pear Salad has been a holiday mainstay on my sister's dessert table for years and years. It has made the rounds of church covered dish suppers and picnics, proving to be a dessert for any occasion.
Select from this or 15 other dessert recipes to help make your season a little bit sweeter.
Jell-O slogan introduced in1964. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jell-O
Photo by Taste of Home (recipe below)
Remember any of these?
Kraft Jello Cookbook - 3 Cookbooks in 1 ~ A great bargain!
Kraft has been making award winning recipes for years, and some of the favorites include using a Jell-O product.
Inside this cookbook you will find hundreds of dessert recipes that are easy to make, full of flavor and fun to make.
Poll: Are you an dessert fan?
Do you like desserts that use jell-o?
You will need:
8x4 loaf pan
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: overnight for best results
Serves: Makes about 3 cups or serves 6
- 1 can (15oz) pear halves
- 1 package (3oz) Lime Jello
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 packages (3oz) each cream cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger
- 1. Drain pears, but save the liquid. Dice pears and set aside.
- 2. Dissolve gelatin and salt in boiling water. Add lemon juice and cup pear syrup liquid.
- 3. Measure 1 cups into an 8x4 loaf pan or a 4 cup mold, coated with cooking spray.
- 4. Chill until set about 1 hour.
- After I hour ...
- 1. Soften cream cheese until creamy.
- 2. Slowly blend in remaining gelatin, beat until smooth.
- 3. Stir in ginger then add the pears. Stir.
- 4. Spoon cream cheese mixture evenly over set gelatin.
- 5. Chill until firm about 5 hours.
- 6. Unmold and garnish with whipped topping, raspberries. For a lovely presentation, place gelatin mold on lettuce or watercress.
- Note: recipe may be doubled, using a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
Did you know that there have been over 65 Jell-O flavors?
- The History o Jell-O
A step back in time to where it all began.
Baking Essentials for Your Kitchen
In order for your dessert to come out properly for serving, you need the correct cooking items.
This dish can be made using any of these containers and they will look great. For larger events select from the oblong or ring molds.
Small gatherings or side dish menus try using the shell mold or loaf pans.
Layered Christmas Gelatin Recipe
Selection of Items
Here are a few of the items for making Jell-O desserts that can be changed if desired.
You can select your favorite flavors from the 3 ounce sizes and add other canned fruit and spices such as fruit cocktail or peaches.
Don't forget to spray your dessert mold or dish before adding the ingredients so that the dessert can be unmolded easily.
Holiday Recipes with Jello
- Sparkling Raspberry Jigglers
Fun recipe to do with the kids.
- Chocolate Elf Bites
Cut into squares for easy serving.
- Merry Berry Christmas Bites
Cut into squares for easy serving.
- Strawberries N' Cream Minis
A great dessert with white chocolate.
- Mosaic Dessert Bars
Fun recipe using 4 of your favorite jello flavors to make a beautiful mosaic dessert.
- Applesauce Raspberry Gelatin Mold Recipe
A festive tasty and refreshing dessert for a light evening snack.
- Tips for Making Great Gelatin Parfaits
Want to impress your guests? Try this tip for gelatin desserts.
- Hidden Pear Salad Rcipe
This is a little different than my sister's recipe, but just as good.
- Pear Lime Gelatin Salad
A great holiday recipe with toasted pecans, cream cheese and pineapple.
- Chocolate Lime Dessert
Lime jello and chocolate wafers help set this recipe apart from others.
- 3 Layered Christmas Gelatin Recipe
Three layers of Christmas cheer. Layer of green and red with white layer in the middle. FInd out the secret of this special holiday favorite.
- Christmas Ribbon Salad
Wonderful recipe for Christmas brunch.
© 2012 Fay Favored