- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Peppermint Candy Cane Bark Recipe
Peppermint Candy Cane Bark is Easy and Fun to Make
One of my family's favorite Christmas-time treats is Peppermint Candy Cane Bark. Anyone who loves candy cane and chocolate will love this sweet treat. While I love this holiday treat too, my favorite part of making candy cane bark is how incredibly easy it is to make. Follow my recipe to impress your own friends and family with this Christmas time favorite. No one has to know how easy it is and everyone will think you are a creative genius!
As an added bonus, peppermint candy cane bark is messy by nature, which means you don't have to worry about it looking perfect.
Prep Time: 25
Total Time: 55
Serves: about 10
- 12 ounces of white chocolate or about 2cups of white chocolate chips (My personal favorite white chocolate is Godiva)
- 1 box of peppermint candy canes
- A drop of peppermint extract
- Unwrap candy canes.
- Place candy canes in a plastic baggie and crush to pieces. (You can do this easily with a rolling pin.) How big the pieces are is completely up to you.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. To get really creative like in the picture above, you can opt to use a Christmas mold. Just make sure to place parchment paper between the pan or mold and the chocolate so that the chocolate won't stick.
- Melt white chocolate.
- Once the chocolate is melted, slowly stir in candy pieces (You can opt to leave some candy cane pieces out to use as a topping later.)
- At this point, I add one drop of peppermint extract to the chocolate and candy cane pieces. This flavoring gives the bark a stronger flavor and scent. For a more subtle taste of peppermint, you can opt to leave this step out.
- After all ingredients have been mixed into the chocolate, you are ready to spread the bark onto the covered cookie sheet.
- Make sure to spread the bark into an even layer.
- If you set aside candy cane pieces to put on top of the bark, now is the time to add it.
- Place cookie sheet in refrigerator for at least a half an hour.
- After a half hour has passed, you are ready to break the peppermint candy cane bark into uneven pieces.
- For best results and to prevent the bark from melting; place in the refrigerator till ready to consume.