- Food and Cooking
The Perfect Dessert Is an Ice Cream Tulip Sundae
Have You Had a Hot Fudge Tuilip Sundae Lately?
Hot Fudge Tulip Sundaes, you know what they are if you're one of the Boomer generation or if you ever wandered up to the lunch counter at a Woolworth's Five & Dime Store. They usually cost a quarter but sometimes you'd get to pop a balloon and find a lower price marked on a piece of paper falling out of the balloon and you'd think you'd won a lotto. Woolworth's Hot Fudge Sundaes came loaded with whipped cream, chopped nuts, cut up strawberries and a maraschino cherry served in a tall Tulip stemmed glass.
Today they're packed with nostalgia, loaded with memories and sprinkled through and through with emotion. They're a door to a simpler time, a nostalgic moment locked in time and space forever. Serving a loved one a Hot Fudge Tulip Sundae is more than offering them a dessert. At the very least it's an experience and, if you're lucky, a walk down memory lane. Better yet, why not share one?
- Image Source: <(Photo Credit: Transwiki approved by: w:en:User:Dmcdevit This image was copied from wikipedia:en. The original description was: w:en:Strawberry w:en:Sundae Image Number: 98cs0108: CD3358-065: Strawberry sundae. USDA photo by: Ken Hammond Source:Wikimedia Commons)
National Hot Fudge Ice Cream Sundae Day
My Almost-Perfect Hot Fudge Sundae - Watch as this Woolworth ice cream sundae made
My visit to the Mississippi River town where I grew up led to rediscovering our old Woolworth's store. Come along with friend Barbara and I as we explore hot fudge heaven!
Vote for Your Favorite Ice Cream Blast From the Past - Banana Split or Ice Cream Sundae, You Decide
Which is better: Banana Split or a Hot Fudge Ice Cream Tulip Sundae?
Where Do You Get Your Ice Cream? - Homemade or commercial ice creams
Everyone seems to have their preference. Some folks are fine with a good commercial brand while others prefer to make their own. What's your preference? Let us know the brand or if you make your own tell us what kind of ice cream maker you use.
Which type of ice cream do you prefer: Homemade or Commercial
I'm fine with buying my ice cream already made.
Here's an easy and quick recipe for making a Hot Fudge Ice Cream Sundaes to put in that Tulip glass. While you can buy homemade style old-fashioned ice cream, there are plenty of recipes for making your own ice cream and your own fudge. You'll find some links below. Play around and have a good time with your blast to the past dessert.
While these were served to one person, two can easily share--if you're the sharing kind.
- Prep time: 10 min
- Cook time: 5 min
- Ready in: 15 min
- Yields: 2
- 3 scoops of Old Fashioned Vanilla or Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- 1 Marachino Cherry
- Whipped Cream - as much as you want
- 1/4 cup - Cut up strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 3 tblsp - Hot fudge topping (favorite bought kind or your favorite recipe)
- 2 tblsp - Chopped nuts
- 1. Gather your items together.
- 2. Put your chopped nuts and the cut up strawberries in separate small dishes.
- 3. Put 3 scoops of ice cream into the tulip glass.
- 4. Add the cut-up strawberries onto the ice cream.
- 5. Spoon the hot fudge syrup over the ice cream. Use as much as you like.
- 5. Spoon the chopped nuts.
- 6. Dress the sundae with maraschino cherry with the stem on the very top.
- 7. Serve immediately.
Seinfeld - Hot Fudge Sundae
Got to be one of the funniest scenes in seinfeld
Remember the Old Woolworth Five and Dime
More on Ice Cream Tulip Sundaes and Woolworth's
- Wikipedia on Woolworth's
the original US-based chain of "five and dime" (5Â¢ and 10Â¢) stores.
- Woolworth Walk
Woolworth 5Â¢ Store," built in 1878, replaced Utica, New York's "Great 5$ Store" that closed after being in business for only three months. F.W. Woolworth was twenty-seven years old when he chose Lancaster, Pennsylvania for its busy location. The new
- Recipes and Memories of the Woolworth's Lunch Counters
Woolworths - recall days of five-and-dimes - Recipes and more!
Old-fashioned ice cream shop provides blast from the past - Ever wandered into an old-fashioned ice cream parlor?
Store in Davenport is trying to give you a blast from the past. KXLY4 photojournalist Ernie Vela takes you to an old-time soda fountain.
What's Your Favorite Ice Cream?
What's Your Favorite Flavor of Ice Cream?
Papa's Ice Cream Parlor
For a special treat make sure to check out Papa's. This is an old fashioned ice cream parlor that also serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. You can order to go, eat inside or sit out on the back porch for a great view of the Hudson River.