- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Use Pie Pop Makers and Mini Pies Molds for Portion Control
Pie Pops Make a Fun, Portion Control Treat
Pie Pops are one of the latest mini dessert trends. Not only are the mini pies an easy way of making pies for Pop, they are also a fun way to let the kids make their own custom mini pie pops as a party or sleepover treat. Let them pick their own pie fillings, so everyone gets a favorite flavor of pie.
Anytime my daughter's ask their Dad what he wants for dessert or as a treat, it is always pie. This year we surprised him for Father's Day with a way of making mini pies whenever he wants to with the Tovolo Pie Pops maker.
What I like best about the pie pops it that the mini size can help with portion and impulse control. With mini pies you can make as much or a little as you need. Then there isn't an entire pie sitting around wanting to be eaten.
The mini size helps with portion control, so you can have a smaller portion of pie and don't eat too much, very helpful if you have dads or moms watching their waistline.
Tovolo Pie Pops Maker available on Amazon.
Vote on Pie Pops and Mini Pies
Pie Pops and Mini Pie Molds available on Amazon. Fresh Apple Pie by foobean01
What do you think about Pie Pops and Mini Pies?
Tovolo Pie Pops Molds
Tovolo Makes Making Mini Pies Easy
The Tovolo Pie Pops kit comes with what you need to create cute mini pies on a stick. Use the BPA free cut and press tool to cut the pie crust, then stamp, fill with your favorite pie filling, seal and cook.
The cover can be used to display your Pie Pops (after they have cooled) and can hold dipping sauces or other toppings to eat with your mini pies as seen in the photograph.
If you want to make different shapes the Tovolo 80-9192 Pie Pops Cut and Press Tools lets you make pops that are heart shaped or star shaped.
Make sure you have enough Tovolo 80-9208 Pie Pops Refill Sticks on hand, since you may want to make more of these mini pies on a stick.
Don't forget the refill sticks if you want to make more.
Photos of the Tovolo Pie Pops Mold - Tovolo Pie Pops MoldClick thumbnail to view full-size
Babycakes Pie Pop Maker
Make a Pie Pop with Babycakes
With the Babycakes Pie Pop Maker, making bite-sized pies on a stick is easy.
All you have to do is add your favorite filling between two pie crust circles and bake in the Pie Pop Maker. (TIP: Use ready made pie crust to make the process even faster.)
After cooking for 4 minutes or less you have a fun, home-baked treat even on a hot day.
The Babycakes Pie Pop Maker is a great appliance to use in the summer when you don't want to heat up the kitchen cooking with the oven, but still want to make a fun treat.
Pie Pops from Table4five
Babycakes Pie Pop Maker
Making pie pops is fast and easy with the Babycakes Pie Pop Maker.
The Babycakes pie pop maker comes complete with the cooking element, stainless steel crust cutter, pie pop sticks and a pie pops stand to display the finished pops.
Babycakes Pie Pops Maker - Babycakes Pie Pops MakerClick thumbnail to view full-size
Pie Pop Sticks and Mini Pie Recipe Books
Mini Pie Molds
Tovolo Petite Pie Molds
Make a Mini Pie
If pie pops aren't quite large enough for your pie lover and a regular pie is too large (and too tempting), bake up some mini pies.
Pie molds make it easy to bake perfect mini pies. Tovolo pie molds offer several different shapes for baking mini pies, including apple, pear, pumpkin, heart, strawberry and star.
The pie molds let you cut and shape the crust and the pie, then the lids help to crimp the crust closed.
Norpro Lattic Mini Pie Mold available on Amazon
Tovolo Mini Pie Molds
Make perfect mini pies using the Tovolo pie molds. Molds let you cut and shape the pie and the lids help to crimp the crust closed.
In addition to the heart shape you can chose from star, apple, pear, pumpkin, star and strawberry shapes.
Mini Pie Recipes
- To make: tiny pies | not martha
For a while I had been thinking about small food like little poussin, Brussels sprouts, little dinner rolls, and itty bitty pies.
- Mini Apple Pies | Novel Eats
Usually when I have a bunch of apples on hand I'll make apple crisp, but I wanted to do something different. Considering I only had two apples, I couldn't make a full apple pie, so I decided to try making single-serving pies. I had no idea if it woul
- Mini Fruit Pies
Few kids will turn down the chance to dive into some flour and bake something sweet and delicious with the grown-up they love best. So turn up your sleeves and prepare to measure, mix, knead, and roll.
- Little Cherry Pies
These 5-inch mini cherry pies are perfect for a summer dinner party.
- Mini Apple Pies So Easy, Not Much Hassle !) Recipe - Food.com - 286704
Try a recipe for mini apple pies.
- Mini Cherry Pie
An American favorite, classic cherry pie is made with sour cherries, which are smaller, softer, and more pungent than their sweet relations.
- Peach Raspberry Mini Pie Recipe, a sweet scented dessert - Mini Pie Recipes and more...
If you want a simple, low stress fabulous peach pie that can be made from frozen peaches, here it is in a mini pie. Fresh peaches are great too.
- Blueberry Mini Pie Recipe made with frozen blueberries - Mini Pie Recipes and more...
If you want a simple, low stress delicious blueberry pie that can be made from frozen blueberries, here it is in a mini pie. Fresh berries work too.
Making Mini Pies for the Holidays
A fun way of serving up pies for the holidays.
Personal Pie Mold
Make Personal Pies for the Holidays
Holiday time is a time when desserts turn to baking pies. Thanksgiving and Christmas both have pies as part of their meal traditional meal celebrations. Bak...
Pie Pop Recipes
a.k.a. Pie on a Stick
Mini Pie Pops are a fun treat for kids of all ages. They can be used as a cute party food served in pie bouquets.
Depending on the age of the children, the pie pops can also double as a party activity, where each child or tween gets to make his or her favorite flavored pie on a stick.
The Tovolo Pie Pops Cut and Press Tools lets you make pops in a heart shape or a star shape.
Image of Tovolo Pie Pops Maker available on Amazon
- Pie Crust - homemade or store bought
- Pie Filling
- Pie Pops Mold
- Pie Pops Sticks or Lollipop Sticks
- Egg white (optional but helps with browning)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Prepare your favorite pie crust.
- Note: To make the pie pops even faster start with a pre-made pie crust.
- If you are going to make pie filling, prepare the pie filling next.
- Cut the pie crust using the Tovolo cut and press tool, a circle biscuit cutter, glass or jar lid less than 2 inches or any other fun cookie cutter shape e.g. heart, butterfly, flower, shamrock, square or rectangle.
- Place the lollipop sticks on 1/2 of the circles. Make sure that the sticks extend at least 2/3 of the circle and press lightly into the pie crust dough. To help secure the stick, you may want to add another piece of pie crust.
- Add a small dollop of the pie filling
- Note: What to use for pie filling is up to you. You can prepare pie filling using fresh or frozen fruit or make it easier by using prepared pie filling or even just jam. How much to use will depend on the size of your pie crust. Enough to fill it, but not too much so it overflows.
- Cover the pie filling with another cut out pie crust.
- Use the Tovolo cut and press tool to seal the pie crust together and stamp the pie hatches onto the pie. You can also use a fork or an extra lollipop stick to help seal or crimp the edges.
- Optional: To help the pie pops to brown up, brush the outside crusts with egg whites.
- Bake at 350 degrees until golden brown. for 12 - 15 minutes
- Cool thoroughly before displaying standing up. Serve with toppings if desired.
- Make sure you have enough Pie Pops Refill Sticks on hand, since you may want to make more of these mini pies on a stick.
Make Apple Pie Pops
Kendra Arch of The Sugar Buzz Pantry showed Jennifer and Bill of WKBT News 8 This Morning how to make the very popular Pie Pops from TheSugarBuzzPantry.
Books with Mini Pie Pop Recipes
Mini pies and mini pie pops are becoming so popular that entire books are being devoted to recipes for mini pie pops and mini pies. Here are a few more ideas for mini pies for your favorite pie lover.
How To Make Pie Pops or Pie on a Stick
KatomRS shows how to make pie pops after being inspired by a Pinterest post on her "Fabulous Foodie Finds" board.
More Pie Pop Recipes
Even more ideas for putting to put a pie on a stick.
- Pie Pops | Luxirare
I want to eat pie, but I don't want a whole slice- I want to try other flavors too, but for just a little, and move onto another. I want little pies, yes, with more pie crust than filling. 50 calories or less, no guilt.
- Easy as Pie - bakerella.com
Genius, right. Perfectly-portioned, tiny pies and on lollipop sticks, too. I can't take the credit for this idea, although I would love to. The site Luxirare is responsible for this attack of cuteness.
- How To: DIY Pie Pops
Lets talk about the lazy girl's guide for making DIY Pie Pops for your wedding from A Practical Wedding.
- Pie Pops - Recipe - Zoom Yummy
Pie pops recipe with step by step picture tutorial
- Berry Pie Pops (Pie on a Stick) Recipe : Kelsey Nixon : Recipes : Cooking Channel
Cooking Channel serves up this Berry Pie Pops (Pie on a Stick) Recipe recipe from Kelsey Nixon plus many other recipes at CookingChannelTV.com.
- Cakespy: How to Make Pumpkin Pie Pops | Serious Eats : Recipes
[Photographs and original illustrations: Cakespy] Jessie Oleson (aka Cakespy) drops by every Monday to share a delicious dessert recipe. —The Mgmt. Riddle me this: what doesn't taste better on a stick?
- BHG's Newest Recipes:Apple Pie Pops Recipe
Better Homes and Garden's recipe for Pie Pops.
- Pecan Pie Pops Recipe : : Recipes : Cooking Channel
Cooking Channel serves up this Pecan Pie Pops Recipe recipe plus many other recipes at CookingChannelTV.com.
- Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie Pops Recipe from Pillsbury.com
Treat your family with these strawberry-rhubarb pie pops made using Pillsbury pie crusts to make a yummy dessert.
- Human Body Detectives : Apple Pie Pops!
Learn how to make pie pops with Pearl and Zoe the Healthy Kids.
Make Applie Pie Pops - Video Recipe
Vegan and Gluten Free Pie Pop Recipes
Try Vegan or Gluten Free Pie Pops
So people who follow vegan or gluten free diets do not feel left out, I researched both vegan and gluten free options for making the pie pops.
Many pie crusts recipes are made without eggs and milk. Butter or vegetable shortening can be used in place of lard to make vegan pie pop options.
For gluten free recipes there are many other flours that can be used in place of wheat flour. Try using brown rice flour, amaranth flour, almond flour, gluten-free oat flour, almond meal, potato starch, tapioca flour, millet flour or coconut blend flour.
Many of the gluten free pie crust recipes end up using a blend of gluten-free flours.
Strawberry Vegan Pie Pops by aikovenus.
Vegan Pie Pop Recipes
- Pop Culture - BitterSweet
Hamentaschen are unarguably the dessert du jour for Purim, but that doesn’t mean that there’s no room for creative interpretation. Iron out the corners, add a lollipop stick handle for grab-and-go fun, and you’d get these stunningly simple pie pops.Â
- Shin's Vegan Lovin': Raw Vegan Pie Pops
It wasn't until I ended up in a department store surrounded by cake pop makers, waffles on sticks and mini pies on a stick makers. I decided to just buy the sticks since I was there. That's when I decided to make these delicious mini-strawberry pie p
- Pie Pops | The Joy of Kosher
Pie pops are individual portions of pie, perfect for any day and any taste. Not to mention, nearly everything is tastier if it's eaten off a stick. The sky's the limit for flavorful fillings, but consider the following recipes for inspiration for mor
- Pie Pop Chocolate Mousse Filling | The Joy of Kosher
Drain away any excess water from tofu. Place in food processor and pulse once. Add in vanilla and salt.Â Blend just enough, until tofu is almost smooth.
- Poached Pear Pie Filling | The Joy of Kosher
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine wine, apple cider, sugar, orange zest, and cinnamon.
- Perfect (vegan) Pie Crust. ..pop-up Pie Series! - Healthy. Happy. Life.
Vegan Crust. The basic ingredients for any pie crust (vegan or not) are simply: flour, water, salt and butter (maybe a pinch of sugar too).
- Gluten Free Pie and Tart Crust - Recipe for Gluten Free Pie and Tart Crusts
A gluten-free pie or tart crust recipe that's as buttery and tender as shortbread. Use this easy recipe to make gluten-free pie crusts for sweet or savory fillings.
- Gluten-free pie crust
Each year, I've created a pie crust that has come closer to my Platonic ideal of pie crust, the flaky butter wonder of a crust that holds pumpkin filling or summer blackberries or raspberries right off the vine. No one has complained. No one could th
- Gluten Free Perfect Pie Crust | Recipe | Simply Gluten Free
A gluten free recipe and tips for making the perfect pie crust; light, flaky and delicious. This recipe uses Carol’s ALL PURPOSE Gluten Free Flour Blend. Chocolate, dairy free and vegan variations included.
- Gluten-Free Pie Crust | WholeFoodsMarket.com
This tender and delicious crust holds together beautifully, perfect for making sweet pies or savory quiches. With millet flour and almond meal, it has tons of flavor, too.
- 3 Ingredient Gluten-Free Pie Crust - Celiac.com
Just 3 Ingredients make up this pie crust! It tastes good...and cannot go wrong! Fill it with your favorite gluten-free pie, fruit, torte, crisp or cheesecake!
- Gluten-Free Pie Crust Recipe
This quick and easy Gluten-Free pie crust recipe lets you make a homemade gluten-free pie crust using just three simple ingredients.
Gluten Free Pie Crust Mix
Use Glutino Gluten free pie crust mix if you need to make gluten free pies.
Gluten Free Pie Crust Recipes
Several gluten free pie crust recipes for those who want to make their pie pops gluten free.
What do you think about making mini pie pops and mini pies?
Add your thoughts in the comment section below.