Quick, Easy, and Inexpensive Recipes Designed to Eat and Treat!
Rate this recipe!
Do You Know What You are Putting in and on Your Body?
When you look at the label of your favorite scrub, do you know exactly what each ingredient is? I’m really not sure what Menthoxypropanediol or Diazodinyl Urea is, and I’m really sensitive to fragrances- so I try to stay away from them as much as possible. I decided to create some really great recipes that you can eat….and put on your feet! Feel free to try them, but first make sure you do a patch test to make sure you are not allergic/ sensitive to any ingredients. (On the inside of one of your wrists—very sensitive skin-----place a small amount and wait about fifteen minutes; wash off and wait 24 hours; if you have no irritation- then you are ready to go!)
I designed a quick, easy, inexpensive peach smoothie recipe that you can drink and it doubles as a facial cleanser! Peaches are high in antioxidants and are excellent ingredients in your homemade facial rejuvenations!
Try this peach smoothie as a delicious breakfast treat for your tummy and your face!
You Can Choose All Organic Ingredients if You Would Like
- 1 medium sized Peach, (pitted and chopped) (remove skin)
- ½ cup Oatmeal
- ½ cup Water
- Drizzle of Honey
- ¼ cup of Yogurt, (I like the non-fat, non-flavored, greek yogurt, but feel free to use any kind you like)
- 1 cup Milk, (try almond, coconut, or your favorite kind) - (added to blender to make a smoothie)
This recipe is filling for breakfast in your tummy and works wonders on your face!
- Mix the oatmeal according to package directions- For quick oats, I use ½ cup oats to ½ cup of water- stir and microwave on high for 30 seconds (or you can add hot water to the oats and stir until smooth).
- Stir and mix in plain nonfat yogurt (or any kind you like).
- Drizzle with honey.
- Add a few fresh peaches- (or frozen peaches work well too).
- Add 1 cup of milk and make this a delectable smoothie in your blender.
- To make the facial scrub, cut the milk in half and use only a 1/2 cup. You can eat while it’s soaking on your face too! Leave on for 15 minutes, wash with warm water, and pat dry. (Avoid the immediate under eye area)
Video of my smoothie!
Delicous Peach Oatmeal for Your Body and Your Skin
|Serving size: 2 cups prepared|
|Calories from Fat||27|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 3 g||5%|
|Saturated fat 1 g||5%|
|Unsaturated fat 1 g|
|Carbohydrates 27 g||9%|
|Sugar 12 g|
|Fiber 6 g||24%|
|Protein 8 g||16%|
|Cholesterol 20 mg||7%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
It's true- You are What You Eat!
Inexpensive is Right!
The cost a gallon of organic milk-1/2 gallon $3.99 / 8 (1 cup)servings per carton = $.50
The cost of the frozen peaches-12 oz. bag $2.99/ 8 servings per package = $.38
The cost organic oatmeal-18 oz. container- $1.99/13 servings per package= $.15
The cost of the honey- $ 3.99/ 12 Tablespoons per container = $.11 per teaspoon
The cost of the yogurt- 4 pack $ 2.99= $.75 per pack
Total per serving of your oatmeal smoothie/ facial= $ 1.89!
Make easy, fresh smoothies at home with these products!
To smoothie or not to smoothie?
How often do you make a smoothie?
Bonus Watermelon Scrub Recipe!!!!
My grandmother grew up during the Depression and she was always worried about getting enough iodine in her body. These days, we don’t need to worry about getting enough sodium; we are all on sodium overload in all of our processed foods. But sprinkle a little iodized salt on your watermelon slice, just like grandma used to! For a quick scrub for your hands (or all over), cut up watermelon (remove seeds), and blend 1 ounce of watermelon to 1 ounce of salt. Scrub into your hands and let sit for a few minutes before rinsing.
Make a watermelon scrub for pennies!
Thanks for reading my quick, easy, and inexpensive recipes; I hope that you enjoy them as much as I do!
© June 2012 FreezeFrame34.Hubpages.com