- Food and Cooking»
- World Cuisines»
- Southern European Cuisine
Easy Recipe for Octopus
Octopus in Greece
Octopus and Ouzo
- 5 table spoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 small octopuses, approx.500gr each
- 6pcs peppercorns
- 2pcs bay leaves
How to cook
- We begin to rinse the octopuses. We have to cut the eyes out and do the samething with their beak and the ink sacs. The ink can be used to another recipe, therefore you might want to keep it in the freezer. We will see later where we will be able to use it!!
- In the meantime, we have to heat a deep saucepan - prefer a non-stick one in order to be sure that nothing bad will happen. You must use high the heat.When it is ready, you will thrown in the octopuses and cover our saucepan. In the same time we must reduce the heat because our octopuses will start to exude liquid everywhere and you do not want that to happen!!
- After a few minutes, you will have to add the 2pcs of bay leaves and the 5-6pcs of peppercorns - depends on what you want - and simmer until the liquid has been reabsorbed. You will see that the meat of the octopuses is tender and will have acquired a reddish-brown color while a beautiful aroma will smell around the house.
- Add some extra virgin olive oil while you put the lowest possible heat for 3 minutes. Then you will cut your octopus into small sized pieces and it is ready to be served. Bon Appetit!! ** Remember that this dish is also good the next day at room temperature!! Visit Greece to enjoy Octopus and Ouzo!! Cheap hotels and flights in www.fairytaletris.com