- Food and Cooking
Recipe For Gluten Free Banana Bread
Recipe For Gluten Free Wheat Free Low Carb Banana Bread
Here's my favorite gluten free banana bread that is also low carb. Obviously banana bread is NOT the lowest carb dessert but this wheat free, gluten free version makes it quite acceptable. This recipe doesn't have any fake stuff in it: no fake sugar, no fake flavor. Just wholesome ingredient for an healthy snack.
all pictures @fanfreluche
Gluten Free Banana Bread Recipe
Some notes regarding this recipe. The coconut sugar is optional, you can leave it or replace with honey. I use only natural vanilla extract but if you don't have it on hand, just use vanilla essence. Not as good, but will do. I use a mix of almond meal and flax meal. You can do this recipe using only almond meal if you prefer. Makes around 12 slices.
Ingredients You'll Need
- 3 ripe bananas
- 3 medium eggs
- 1 Tablespoon coconut sugar (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 Cup of butter (non salted)
- 1 1/2 Cup of almond meal
- 1/2 Cup of Flax meal
- 2 Teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 Cup of pecans (optional)
- Pre-heat oven at 350F
- In a large bowl add your bananas (I cut them in pieces), eggs, vanilla and butter.
- Mix everything together (I use a hand mixer). Everything must be well mixed and blended.
- Add almond meal, sugar and baking soda and keep mixing. Scrape the side of the bowl if needed
- Add the nuts and incorporate to the mix with a spoon
- Put the mix into a greased loaf pan (7.5 Inch x 3.5 Inch)
- Bake for 50 minutes at 350F
My Yummy Low Carb Wheat Free Banana Bread - A delicious result
Values given below is for the whole piece of cake with the ingredients I gave. Changing ingredients and/or quantities will impact the nutritional values. I make easily 12 to 14 parts with this cake. I love serving it with either butter or thick fresh cream.
So, how low carb is this gluten free banana bread made with real bananas (not some fake chemical banana "essence"). If you make 12 parts: 8.8 net carbs. 7.5 net carbs if you divide in 14 pieces.
This gluten free banana bread is NOT Atkin's induction friendly. It's rung 7.
For The Whole Bread
NET Carbs: 105.6