Recipe For Quiche: Delicious and Easy to Make
How To Make Quiche
A recipe for quiche comes in handy if you need an easy meal that you can put together in a pinch. It makes a great meal if you are having guests over for brunch, lunch or dinner.
One of the fabulous things about quiche is its versatility. Your quiche recipe can be rich with lots of cream and cheese, you can make a lighter version using milk instead of cream, or you can even make a vegan quiche.
In this lens you will find some popular recipes for quiche including Quiche Lorraine, a recipe for quiche crust if you would like to make your own pastry from scratch, crustless quiche, and more. You'll also find links to more fabulous quiche recipes from the web.
If you are wondering what to serve with quiche, there is an entire section devoted to side dishes for quiche.
Photo used under Creative Commons from Tropic~7
- 1 - 9 inch single crust pie
- 12 slices bacon
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup minced onion
- 4 eggs (beaten)
- 2 cups light cream
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp white sugar
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Place bacon in a large skillet and fry over medium-high heat until crisp. Drain on paper towels and then chop coarsely. Sprinkle bacon, cheese and onion into pastry shell. In a medium bowl whisk together eggs, cream, salt, sugar and cayenne pepper. Pour mixture into pastry shell. Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Reduce heat to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C), and bake an additional 30 minutes, or until a knife inserted 1 inch from the edge comes out clean. Allow quiche to sit 10 minutes before cutting into wedges.
- Recipe: www.allrecipes.com
- Photo used under Creative Commons from carol.baby
Recipe For Quiche Crust - by Elizabeth
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil (or canola oil)
- 1/4 cup ice water (or cool refrigerated water)
- Mix flour and salt with fork. Beat oil and water with whisk to thicken. Pour into flour and mix with fork. Press into 9" pie crust. Fill with quiche mixture and bake at 400 degrees F until done.
- Recipe: www.food.com
- Photo used under Creative Commons from eatquiche
Duel: Crust or No Crust?
Do you prefer your quiche with or without the crust?
Try This: Take your recipe for quiche and make mini quiches - Mini quiches are so adorable!
Instead of making a traditional 9 inch quiche, why not make mini quiches? They will make great appetizers for your next cocktail party or other social gathering.
Recipe For Quiche: Yam, Mushroom & Onion - by Tara_W
- Yam (small to medium)
- Mushrooms (8-10 small to medium)
- Onion (half)
- 3 eggs (beaten)
- Milk (3/4 cup)
- Olive Oil (1-2 tbsp)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Add chopped yam, onions, mushrooms and olive oil to a skillet and cook until tender and golden brown. Let cool and add to pie shell. Combine eggs and milk, then pour into pie shell. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
Quiche Crust Tip:
If you want to prevent your crust edge from burning, try wetting your finger and running it along the crust edge before putting your quiche in the oven. You don't want to soak your crust but a little extra moisture will prevent that delicate edge from burning.
Recipe For Quiche With Bacon and Spinach - by Lois Sundheim
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese (divided)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 4 bacon strips (cooked and crumbled)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried mustard
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 (10oz) package frozen spinach
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pastry shell
- In a large bowl beat eggs. Whisk in milk, 1 cup cheese, onion, bacon, salt, mustard and paprika. Add spinach. Pour into pie shell. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake at 400 degrees F for 40 minutes or until a knife inserted halfway between the center and the edge comes out clean.
- Recipe: www.allrecipes.com
- Photo used under Creative Commons from miss karen
Recipe For Crustless Quiche - by Lillian Chou
- 1 1/2 tbsp fine bread crumbs
- 1 cup frozen chopped onions
- 1 cup diced cooked ham (1/4 lb)
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 8 oz package of shredded Swiss cheese (2 cups)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F with rack in middle. Butter quiche dish, then sprinkle with bread crumbs. Cook onions with ham in butter in a 12-inch heavy skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until pale golden, about 5 minutes. Spread in dish, then evenly sprinkle cheese on top. Whisk together eggs, cream, milk, and 1/2 tsp pepper and pour over cheese. Bake until top is golden and and custard is set in center, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool slightly before cutting into wedges.
- Recipe: www.epicurious.com
- Photo used under Creative Commons from missbossy
Video: How To Make Mini Quiches - Recipe by Diane Denny, Jacksonville FL
These mini quiches are quick and easy to make. This "Mini Quiches To Go" recipe uses spinach, onion, mozzarella cheese with a garlic Crescent dinner roll pastry crust.
**Update May 28, 2012: I made these for brunch yesterday and they were fantastic! I give them 5 stars and will definitely make them again. They were so delicious and creamy! For brunch I served three per person with strips of bacon and fresh pineapple, but they would also make great appetizers.
2 cans of garlic dinner crescent rolls, 8 triangles each (if you can't find garlic rolls, just use the plain ones and add a little garlic powder to the filling)
1 package of softened cream cheese, 8oz
1/4 cup of chopped onion
1 box, 9oz, of frozen spinach, thawed and drained (squeeze out the water)
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
What To Serve With Quiche
Side dishes for quiche
If you're wondering what to serve with quiche, rest assured there are a great many possibilities to compliment your dish.
Breakfast or Brunch
Pair your quiche with a fruit salad. Depending on what is available and in season you may choose a citrus fruit salad with strips of juicy orange and tangy grapefruit, or perhaps fresh strawberries, raspberries and grapes, or an assortment of melon balls. Any type of fruit salad will add a splash of color and be a welcomed accompaniment to your quiche.
If you want to go with a fruit theme but don't necessarily want a fruit salad, then try a fruit salsa.
Links of sausage or strips of crispy bacon are also wonderful beside quiche.
Lunch or Dinner
Quiche goes very well with a crisp salad. This can be a leafy green salad, a tomato salad, cole slaw or even a beet salad with chunks of goat cheese and a balsamic vinigrette dressing.
If you like the idea of vegetables but don't necessarily want a salad, try veggie sticks with ranch dressing. You can also have a side of steamed vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower and carrots.
Soup is a very nice side dish for quiche. Try to match or compliment the ingredients. If you have mushrooms in your quiche, then cream of mushroom will suit very nicely. In the summer months pair your quiche with gazpacho.
Garlic bread goes very well with quiche and a green salad, especially if you have chosen to make a crustless quiche.
Pasta salad is another option to pair with a crustless quiche. Try making one with orzo, bow tie or spiral noodles.
This five star gazpacho recipe is super quick (20 minutes!) and will compliment any summer quiche recipe.
Photo used under Creative Commons from Dinner Series
Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes for Quiche
- Vegetarian Quiche
A delicious vegetarian quiche from allrecipes.com.
- Mini Crustless Tofu Quiches
A vegan recipe from the Fat Free Vegan Kitchen.
- Easy Broccoli Quiche Recipe
As the name suggests, this is a quick and easy quiche that is big on flavour.
- Vegan Quiche
A vegan quiche with onion, broccoli, vegan bacon, tofu & vegan cheese.
- Asparagus, Leek & Gruyere Quiche
A vegetarian quiche by Martha Stewart.
Some more delicious recipes for quiche
- Chicken, Artichoke Heart & Sundried Tomato Quiche
A tasty quiche with a Mediterranean flair.
- Asparagus and Smoked Salmon Quiche
A five-star recipe with asparagus, smoked salmon and goat cheese.
- Sour Cream Chicken Quiche
A rich quiche that is easy to make.
- Hashbrown Quiche Recipe
A fantastic quiche for brunch by Paula Deen.
- Meat Lovers Quiche
A quiche packed with ground sausage and bacon.
- Molly's Skinny Quiche
A lowfat crustless option perfect for busy people on the go.
Find Quiche Cookware at Amazon
More Great Recipes:
How to Use Star Anise in Dessert Recipes
Although beautiful, star anise is often looked at skeptically. If you've ever wondered how to use star anise then consider this page a delicious introduction...
Comforting Carrot Sweet Potato Soup Recipe
My carrot sweet potato soup recipe is a great fall comfort food with amazing health benefits. I was living in Auckland, New Zealand when I first made this s...
The Very Best Artichoke Recipes
Do you love globe artichokes? I know I do. This is why I've compiled this page dedicated to the very best artichoke recipes. Growing up I have fond memories...
How Do You Make Caesar Salad? The Ultimate Caesar Salad Recipe
How do you make caesar salad? There are many different methods and philosophies for making this popular salad and I'm going to share my family recipe with yo...
Baconography: Bacon Information, Recipes, Gifts & Crafts
Bacon information for bacon lovers. What is 'Baconography'? It's a lensography (a collection) of the best Squidoo lenses about bacon. If you're a fan of baco...