- Food and Cooking
Twinkie Recipes and Twinkie Cake Pans
Make Your Own Twinkie Creme Filled Cakes
If you've found this page, you've undoubtedly heard the news that the company that makes Hostess Twinkies has closed their doors and gone out of business. If you, like many others are mourning the loss of one of America's most famous and infamous junk foods - don't despair! Although slightly smaller in size than the original, Twinkies went back into production and are now available again.However if you would like to try an alternative that may be tastier or healthier, I have found several Twinkie recipes that I'm sharing on this page. Among the recipes I found include healthier Twinkies, organic Twinkies or even vegan Twinkies.
(Photo credit: Christian Cable on Flickr- creative commons license)
Hostess Twinkie Recipes Cookbook - Recipes Using Twinkies
With this recipe you can make your own Twinkie clone creme filled sponge cakes. You can also use a boxed sponge cake mix instead of making the sponge cake from scratch.
(Photo credit: Veganfeast on Flickr - creative commons license)
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 4 Tablespoons cold water
- 2 cups Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon of Baking Powder
- One 7oz jar marshmallow creme
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/3 cup confectioner's (powdered) sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Make the Sponge Cakes
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- 2.. Beat egg whites, sugar and cream of tartar until stiff and set aside
- 3. In a separate medium size bowl beat egg yolks until light yellow
- 4. Add remaining 1-3/4 cups granulated sugar, water, salt, baking powder and vanilla to egg yolks and mix well
- 5. Add flour to egg yolk mixture and mix
- 6. Fold in egg whites
- 7. Bake in Twinkie Cake Molds approximately 20 minutes - until toothpick stuck in the center comes out clean
- 8. Cool before Filling
- Make the Creme Filling
- 1. In a small bowl, combine hot water and salt until salt is dissolved
- 2. Set aside to cool
- 3.. In a separate bowl, beat the marshmallow creme, shortening, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy
- 4, Beat in the cooled salt water mixture
- Fill the cakes:
- 1. After the baked cakes have cooled use a chop stick or a similar tool to make 3 holes in the bottom of each cake and move it around to make a larger hollow
- 2. Using a pastry bag or other cake decorating tool fill the cakes with the filling through the holes in the bottom of each cake
The Baking Pan Set from Hostess - Twinkie Cake Pan and Cake Decorating and Filling Tool and Recipe Book
This Bake Set from Hostess includes the non-stick cake pan, pastry Bag and a recipe Booklet. Bake Twinkie shaped mini cakes at home! It makes 8 sponge cakes or eclairs. Most Twinkie Recipe batches will make 16 or more, so it would be a good idea to buy two. It is recommended that this pan and decorating kit be hand washed.
This is the orginal Twinkie Baking set from Hostess!
Top Secret Recipes - By Todd Wilbur
Baking Pans on eBay - Bid or Buy it Now
Find a good price on baking pans on eBay.
Ingredients for Making Your Own - Creme Filled Sponge Cake Ingredients
Depending on which recipe you use, here are some of the ingredients you may need to make your own.
You can use a Green's sponge cake mix if you don't want to make the sponge cake from scratch.
Use Marshmallow creme for your filling.
Don't forget the vanilla. Pure vanilla extract tastes best.
Watch How To Make Your Own Organic Creme Filled Sponge Cakes - A Healthier Organic Twinkie Recipe
This video shows how to make another version of a Twinkie knock-off recipe. Although it still contains a lot of sugar and fat like the original product, it is made from organic ingredients.
Watch the step by step video for making your own organic treats.
Links to More Homemade Copycat Recipes - Websites with More Creme-Filled Cake Recipes
Check out these other sites where I found more recipes.
- Homemade Twinkies from Simple Math Bakery
Homemade Twinkies By Jeanne
- Joy the Baker Homemade Twinkies
This endeavour was in no way glamorous. If nothing else, these Homemade Twinkies highlighted my ability to make something from nothing.
- Twinks Recipe - CHOW
In our take on the Twinkies traditional sponge cake is made tastier with the addition of a little Vanilla Cream.What to buy:Look for a cake pan with Twinkie...
- Why Pay Thousands For Twinkies? Here's The Recipe.
In the wake of the closing of Hostess, many are worried that they won't be able to get Twinkies, and driving the prices of the snack cakes up to absurd
- Top Secret Recipes | Hostess Twinkie Recipe
Get the best Hostess Twinkie recipe on the ORIGINAL copycat recipe website! Todd Wilbur shows you how to easily duplicate the taste of famous foods at home for less money than eating out.
- Vegan Twinkie Recipe
This is no small list of ingredients. I, for one, had never used arrowroot before, and had to search three different stores for it before I realized ...
- Shmooed Food: Vegan Twinkies
A recipe for vegan twinkies from the Schmooed Food Blog
Norpro 3964 Canoe Cake Pan - Non-Stick Canoe Shaped Cake Pan
Twinkie Memorabilia - Gift ideas
If you have someone who loves Twinkies on your Christmas gift list, here is a selection of some Twinkie gifts and memorabilia.
If you would like to sign up and make your own lens - it's easy! Just Click Here to get started!