Scrumptious Eastern Sausage Balls
A tasty sausage recipe
Are you looking for a cheap, delicious, simple, healthy sausage recipe that is great for the whole family to enjoy? I have been making this dish for many years for my growing family. I guess you would call it an english recipe, with an eastern twist! When I have needed to feed the children before the adults, it has been served without the marinade, with baked beans and chips or baked potatoes. Then the adults portion is served later after having marinated the sausage balls and then enjoyed with a salad. This sausage recipe makes boring sausages a thing of the past and creates an impressive dish out of interesting, yet basic ingredients that is sure to impress your guests. Serve it with your favourite summertime salad for a scrumptious grilled meal that will ensure a great time together.
All photos lensmaster's own
- 11 b sausagemeat
- 4 oz fresh white breadcrumbs
- 6 -8oz peeled cored and grated cooking apples
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Ingredients to marinate
- 5 floz natural yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon malt vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soft brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Mash the sausagemeat with a fork and stir in the breadcrumbs, grated apple, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Divide the sausagemeat into 12 even pieces and shape each piece into a ball. Place in a shallow dish.
- Mix together the marinade ingredients and pour over sausage balls. You need to marinate for at least 30 minutes, or until ready to cook.
- Brush your barbeque grill rack with oil and place balls on top for about 25 minutes, turning frequently, until cooked.
Marinating for 30 minutes
The scrumptious party bbq is ready to eat
More Sausage Recipes - Are you bored with your old, over-used recipes?
Order the book that will help you treat your family and friends to scrumptious meals, that will leave them begging for more!