Easy Recipe Pork Smothered in Gravy
Recipe For Pork
There's pork chop, pork loin, pork steak, pork ribs so many recipes for Pork. Today's recipe is tenderized Smothered Pork Loin in a succulent gravy with small white pearl onions. Look for a lean center cut or top pork loin without the bone. Pork chop, white meat and if over cooked can be real dry. Pork steak is best cooked on a smoker for hours and hours. Pork loin sometimes is a mixture of white and dark meat, also a little more tender.
The most important about cooking pork is cooking it at the right temperature. Normally 145 - 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Gravies are easy to make. Especially since there are so many ready made gravy packets. Some people like onion gravy, mushroom gravy, brown gravy.
Of course home made gravies are always better. But not everybody knows how to make them.
Gravy packets are also good to help out when your own homemade gravy is lacking something or just to help enhance the flavor into your already made gravy.
Stock up on Gravy for Pork. Maggi brand is what my Mother used over 40 years ago. I use it still today.
- 4 Tenderized Pork Loin Chops
- 1-2 cups flour, to batter the Loins
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- 1/2 cup oil, your preference
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 packs gravy mix, mushroom or pork chop flavored
- 1 pack mushrooms, optional
- There is no specific amount of seasonings since you are going to sprinkle a little of each, on both sides of loin
- Warm oil & butter in pan while preparing the rest
- Wash and pat dry the loins
- Sprinkle a little of each seasonings on both sides of loin
- Put flour in a plastic bag you can season the flour with a sprinkle of each seasoning
- Put loin in bag of flour and shake evenly
- Fry each loin in oil and butter mixture till golden brown on both sides
- Remove loin and set on a clean plate
- Remove all but one tablespoon oil/flour mixture from pan
- In a cup mix gravy packets with water described on packet directions and pour into pan, stir until thick
- Return loin in pan with gravy and let simmer for approx 30 minutes on low heat.
- Throw in desired amount of pearl onions let simmer for another 3-5 minutes.
Smothered Pork in Mushroom Gravy is good also
If you like mushrooms. Add some sliced, fresh mushrooms while the gravy simmers slowly. You can omit the pearl onions and replace them with the mushrooms. Or just keep both of them for a burst of flavor.
Slice and Saute the mushrooms separately in a small pan with butter, salt and garlic. Pour it in the pan with the pork chops and simmering gravy.
Add some sides, make a plate
Vegetables, crusty bread and a creamy noodle dish makes this smothered pork dish complete!
It's quick, easy, not much mess to clean and especially nice when served on paper plates for eat and go.
Ahh....... the easy life is grand for most of us.
Have a Salad with your meal
- Easy Salad Recipes
What to do with Lettuce? Add dressing and it becomes a Salad.
Did you know that chicken bouillon cubes and chicken stock go well with pork?
Thanks for stopping by!
© 2013 Ramona