Easy Recipe Pork Smothered in Gravy
Recipe For Pork
There's pork chop, pork loin, pork steak, pork ribs so many recipes for Pork.
Today's recipe is tenderized Smothered Pork Loin in a succulent gravy with small white pearl onions.
The most important about cooking pork is cooking it at the right temperature. Normally 145 - 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Gravies are easy to make. Especially since there are so many ready made gravy packets.
Of course home made gravies are always better. But not everybody knows how to make them.
Gravy packets are also good to help out when your own homemade gravy is lacking something or just to help enhance the flavor into your already made gravy.
What you will need
* 4 tenderized pork loin ( more if you have a larger family)
Rummage through your cabinets for the following:
* 1-2 cups flour for battering the loins
* Garlic powder
* Onion Powder
* Season All seasoning
* 2 Gravy packets your choice brown, pork, mushroom etc.
* small package pearl onions
* 1/2 cup oil
* 1/2 cup butter
Notice there is no specific amount of ingredients since you are going to sprinkle a little of each on both sides of the loin.
Preparing and Finishing
Warm oil & butter in pan while preparing the rest
* Wash and pat dry the loins
* Sprinkle a little of each seasonings on both sides of loin
* Put flour in a plastic bag you can season the flour with a sprinkle of each seasoning
*Put loin in flour and shake evenly
* Fry each loin in oil and butter mixture till golden brown on both sides and almost done or can be done if you like.
* Remove loin and set on a clean plate
* Remove all but one tablespoon oil mixture from pan
* Mix gravy packets with water described on packet directions and pour into pan, stir until thick
* Return loin in pan with gravy and let simmer for approx 5- 8 minutes on low heat.
* Throw in desired amount of pearl onions let simmer for another 3-5 minutes.
Your Smothered Loin is done!
Add some sides
Vegetables, crusty bread and a creamy noodle dish makes this smothered pork dish complete!
It's quick, easy, not much mess to clean and especially nice when served on paper plates for eat and go.
Ahh....... the easy life is grand for most of us.
Thanks for stopping by!