Boneless Pork Chops Smothered in Gravy Recipe
Don't forget to rate my recipe before you leave
Recipe For Pork
There's pork chop, pork loin, pork steak, pork ribs so many recipes for Pork. Today's recipe is boneless Pork Chop smothered in a succulent gravy. Look for a lean center cut or top pork loin without the bone. Pork chop, white meat and if over cooked can be real dry. Pork steak is best cooked on a smoker for hours and hours. Pork loin sometimes is a mixture of white and dark meat, also a little more tender.
The most important thing about cooking pork is cooking it at the right temperature. Normally 145 - 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
If you don't know how to make gravy from scratch use a gravy mix
Gravies are easy to make. Especially since there are so many ready made gravy packets. Some people like onion gravy, mushroom gravy, brown gravy.
Of course home made gravies are always better. But not everybody knows how to make them.
Gravy packets are also good to help out when your own homemade gravy is lacking something or just to help enhance the flavor into your already made gravy.
Stock up on Gravy for all of your future Pork dinners. Maggi is a brand that my Mother used for over 40 years. I use it still today.
- 4 lightly Tenderized pork chops, boneless
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- to taste salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1/2 cup oil, your preference
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 packs gravy mix, mushroom or pork chop flavored
- 1 pack mushrooms, optional
- There is no specific amount of seasonings since you are going to sprinkle a little of each, on both sides of loin
- Warm oil & butter in pan while preparing the rest
- Wash and pat dry the chops
- Sprinkle a little of each seasonings on both sides of he chops
- Fry each chop in oil and butter mixture till golden brown on both sides
- Remove chops and set on a clean plate
- Remove all but one tablespoon oil from the pan
- In a cup mix gravy packets with water described on packet directions and pour into pan, stir until thick
- Return the chops back into the pan with gravy and let simmer for approx 30 minutes on low heat.
Smothered Pork in Mushroom Gravy
If you like mushrooms. Add some sliced, fresh mushrooms while the gravy simmers slowly.
You can also Slice and Saute the mushrooms separately in a small pan with butter, salt and garlic. Then pour them in the pan with the pork chops and simmering gravy.
The dish comes out good both ways. It's just how ever you decide or prefer to make them. What ever is easiest for you.
Add some sides, make a plate
Vegetables, crusty bread and a creamy noodle dish makes this smothered pork dish complete!
It's quick, easy, not much mess to clean and especially nice when served on paper plates for eat and go.
Ahh....... the easy life is grand for most of us.
Have a Salad with your meal. I enjoy cooking so I have included my salad recipe site in-case you want to add a salad to your dinner tonight.
- Easy Salad Recipes
What to do with Lettuce? Add dressing and it becomes a Salad.
Did you know that chicken bouillon cubes and chicken stock go well with pork?
© 2013 Ramona