south asian fish mulligatawny soup
- 500 g fish
- 2 tea cups water
- 1/2 teacup thick coconut milk
- A level dessertspoonful of coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet cumin seed
- a pinch of saffron
- 1/2 a salt spoon fenugreek
- 4 Red onions (sliced)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 slices of ginger
- 1 inch piece cinnamon
- A small sprig of curry leaves
- 1/2 a strip of celery
- A squeeze of lime juice
- 1 Teaspoonful ghee
- 1 Teaspoonful white cumin seed powder
How to prepare
- Any small fish may be used for making mulligatawny.
- wash and prepare the fish and put it into a saucepan with water and let it boil for 5 minutes.
- Then add the coriander and sweet cumin powder.
- Next add the saffron and tomatoes with garlic.
- Add the ginger, cinnamon and celery to the mixture.
- Add half each of the onions and curry leaves.
- Let it all simmer slowly until the fish and other ingredients are cooked.
- Then mix the white cumin with coconut milk and add to the fish stock.
- Heat the ghee in a saucepan and fry the remainder of the onions and curry leaves together with fenugreek.
- When the onions are browned turn in the prepared stock.
- Season with lime juice and let it boil up once and serve hot.
### Make note to add a sprig of coriander leaves when serving. All ways make sure to use quality ingredients and good coking utensils for maximum success. Enjoy this delicious soup your family will just love it.