Strawberry dump cake
Ready for a quick and easy dessert? How about a strawberry dump cake. This is an easy recipe because you don't even have to mix anything. All you need to do is dump the ingredients in a pan in layers.
One thing I do that's different is to use a strawberry cake mix instead of a the usual white or yellow cake. This really intensifies the strawberry flavor. After it's baked you get a beautiful strawberry cobbler with a golden crunchy topping and a hint of tartness from the pineapple.
This is one of my favorite go-to dessert recipes for a party because it makes a lot and it's so darn good! I think it's best served warm and you can make it even better by putting a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. This is one dessert recipe you've got to try!
Photos © 2013 Lynda Makara
Ingredients for strawberry dump cake
Strawberry dump cake recipe
- 1 20 oz can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 21 oz can strawberry pie filling
- 1 box strawberry cake mix
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 stick of butter cut into thin slices
- Spray a 9 x 13" pan with cooking spray
- Dump the crushed pineapple in the pan
- Spread the strawberry pie filling over the pineapple
- Spread the dry cake mix over the strawberry pie filling
- Sprinkle the chopped pecans over the cake mix
- Cover the pecans with butter slices
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 50 minutes
Pictorial for strawberry dump cake
Follow the recipe step by step