Stuffed 'Italian' Chicken
Well, the first time I prepared this I felt like my mouth was going to explode with delight! The flavour just oozes into your mouth and if you get the right accompaniment it will always be a success. The first time I cooked this I couldn't believe how amazingly simple and easy it was to create. I did train many years ago to be a chef, but this is a dish that anyone can prepare at home and in a very short amount of time. The ingredients are very accessible, affordable and if you can't find one most can be substituted with another.
This is one of those 'mix and match' foods that would go down at an elegant party or a simple 'do' for your friends, and trust me they will really think you can cook up a storm in the kitchen, so you could even try cooking this for your loved ones.
It's called Stuffed 'Italian' Chicken cause I usually use Italian ingredients to stuff and wrap it, but to be fair it could be English, Danish or whatever depending on the things you decide to use.
You can serve it with either a green bean salad, some home-made chips, or roasted potatoes are the best three options with a nice glass of fruity white wine! My preference is the green bean salad, but if you want to make it a little more 'English' then all you have to do is add those chips :)
Prep Time: 30
Total Time: 55
- 2 Chicken Breasts:
- 150 g of Gorgonzola (you can use Stilton or any blue cheese):
- 12 slices of Pancetta (again you can use Bacon):
- 2 tbsp's of Cranberry Sauce (I have tried blueberries and blackberries, but I still prefer Cranberry):
- Olive Oil:
- For the Green Bean Salad
- Two handfuls of beans:
- Some Lemon Juice from 1/4 of a lemon:
- Salt and Pepper:
- 1 - 2 tbsps Olive Oil:
- Pre-heat the oven to about 200c
- Put the chicken breasts in a plastic bag or between two sheets of cling film... then take a meat hammer and smash it, smash those chicken breasts as hard as you can... every bit of anger and rage and make sure they both end up about 1/2cm thick... and have fun.
- Lay 6 strips of Pancetta out for each chicken breast and then place the breasts on top.
- Add the cranberry sauce by spreading all over the breasts then add the cheese, half to each, right in the middle of the chicken.
- Wrap the chicken up in the pancetta like a parcel or a bit like sushi. Make sure you wrap it really really tight.
- Place the 'chicken parcels' on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and place in the oven cook for 20 - 25 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Now for the Green Bean Salad:
- Quickly put the beans into boiling water for 5 minutes
- Put the beans into some ice water
- Then put the beans into the mixture of oil, salt, pepper and lemon
- Serve Immediately
Crushes that chicken real well