Stuffed bharwa tinda recipe-round gourd recipe
This quick and easy vegetable is made using round gourds or tinda. It looks bit like green apple. Tinda is cooked in different ways but this one is my favorite.You can also get the tinned tinda from your local grocery store.
- 6 Tinda
- ½ cup Roasted groundnut powder
- small piece Ginger
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 Green Chilli
- 1 Onion
- 1/2 tea spoon Red chilli powder
- 1/2 tea spoon Garam masala powder
- 1/4 tea spoon Turmeric powder
- 1 tea spoon Lemon Juice
- Salt, as per taste
- Coriander, for garnishing
- First prepare the tindas for stuffing. Wash and peel the tindas. Slightly cut from the top and remove the seeds and other parts from inside the tinda with the help spoon and knife. Tinda is ready for stuffing.
- Now prepare the stuffing for tinda. In a grinder jar add chopped onions, chopped green chilli, ginger, garlic and groundnuts also add tender parts of tinda that were removed, grind them all with a very little water and make a paste.
- Heat the 1 tea spoon of oil in a pan, add cumin seeds and put the paste of onion and groundnuts made earlier for stuffing.Fry for a while.
- Add other spices red chili powder, turmeric powder, salt and garam masala. Cook until the oil comes out.Turn off the gas and add the lemon juice. Now the stuffing is ready. Let the stuffing for tinda cool for a while.
- Now its a time to do the stuffing. Fill the tindas with stuffing with the help of spoon and cook in microwave full power for about 4 minutes or can be cooked them directly in a pan.
- Now heat the pan with 1 tea spoon of oil add little red chilli powder and little salt, add micro cooked tindas, cook for few minutes by turning all sides. If not cooking in microwave, fry tinda for little bit more time by covering the pan. Check with a tooth pick if tinda is soft and cooked. Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve with indian bread or paratha.