Programmable Bread Baking-Breakfast Bread Recipe
Easy Baking and Yummy Eating
Before I had breadmaker and a machine I use to make my recipe by hand. It took a lot of time to mix and knead the dough for my coffee cake and raisin toast. This meant getting up early to prepare the dough for my recipe. Then one year I was given a programmable baking machine and soon discovered easy it was to place the ingredients into my machine the night before. In the morning all I had to do to make my breakfast was take it out and bake it in the oven. I also make it for the morning on a delayed bake setting and wake up to the smell of fresh baking in the morning. I love to bake and now my job is so much easier especially in the morning when things always seem a bit rushed.
My baking machine is one of the best kitchen appliance I have. When I use it to make breakfast I place the ingredients in the night before, set it for delayed baking and have fresh baked goods for breakfast. It is the easiest way to make bread and dough I have ever found. The breakfast tricks I have are easy to prepare and my family enjoys eating them for breakfast. The raisins and cracked wheat for a healthy and nutritious part of breakfast. There are many variation you may want to try and baking in the machine is as simple as it gets.
There have been time when I didn't feel like measuring out the ingredients, so I purchased boxed mixes that only require a little water to prepare. Then I decided to try to make the mixes myself. Now I measure the ingredients out into zipper bags for my recipe. I label them with the name, the amount of water, and oil needed, and place a packet of yeast inside the bag. My husband loves to bake since I have been making my own mixes. All he needs to do is dump the mix, water and oil in the machine and turn it to the correct setting.
Makes a 2 pound loaf of bread simply add your ingredients and bread is made automatically.
Easy Coffee Cake
This is a wonderful recipe for a Sunday brunch. I like to set my dough to delayed so it is ready in the morning. In a pinch you can also used preserves instead of pie fruit. It is easy and only takes minutes to make when you package your own mixes in zipper bags.
- 2 cups of flour
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dry yeast
- 2/3 cups of water
- 3 tablespoons margerine
- 1 can of pie fruit
- powder sugar to dust the top of baked bread
- Place first 6 ingredients into the machine and set to dough setting.
- Remove dough and stretch or roll on lightly dusted surface to a large rectangular shape about 8 x 13. Place on a greased cookie sheet and spoon pie filling on to center third of dough. Make slices about 1 inch apart on the outer edge of the dough and fold the strip to cover a portion of the filling. You may also pull the dough up without cutting, make sure you leave the center of the fruit exposed.
- Allow the dough to rise about 30-40 minutes. Then bake at 375 degrees in the oven for 30-40 minutes until golden brown. Sprinkle powder sugar lightly over the cake.
Easy to Make Raisin Bread Recipe
Place the ingredients in the baker the night before and set to delayed bake for this bread recipe. Your family will be thrilled with the smell of fresh baked good in the morning. I know mine love to eat things warm and freshly baked. There are many variation you can use try switching raisins for dried cranberries, blueberries, or cherries. It is a yummy and nutritious substitution.
Serve with butter and cinnamon sugar, or make into French toast. I like to use the end of the loaf when it is a bit drier for mine. It makes good use of it when it gets stall. Remember, when you make fresh baked it has no preservatives and should be used in a couple of days for the best taste.
- 3 cups of flour
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 2 1/2 teaspoons of dry yeast
- 3/4 cups of raisins
- 2 tablespoons of butter or margerine
- 1 cup of water
- Place all ingredients into the breadmaker except raisins. Add raisin before last kneading cycle, if you are making the bread on a delayed cycle put them in with the other ingredients.
- Choose a sweet bread or regular bread setting. Cool before cutting. This is wonderful when toasted with a little butter.