Super Easy Pumpkin Soup
I love pumpkin as well as soup, so I thought I would combine the two. This is an easy and quick recipe, and it's also very healthy. We like to eat it with newly baked bread, but there are many options. It can also be used as a sauce with meat or sausages, perhaps smoothed out with a little cream.
- 1 kg Pumpkin
- 1/2 kg Potatoes
- 2 liter Stock
- 1 Onion
- 3 -4 cloves of Garlic
- Peel the potatoes and pumpkin and cut them in smaller pieces.
- Peel and quarter the onion.
- Peel the garlic.
- Mix everything in a big pot together with the stock.
- Bring to a boil and slowly let it simmer until vegs are soft.
- Blend it into a thick soup. If there seem to be too much stock, take some away before blending and add if needed.
- Sprinkle some fresh parsley over the soup, or celery leaves.
Variations of Pumpkin soup
Almost every home-cook has his or her own version of comfort food and soups. For example, I like to add different kinds of vegetables in my soup. Pumpkin will always be the main ingredient, the flavor which has to dominate. But if I have some other veggies lying around in the fridge, I will just throw them in. When we have colds I will add a little extra garlic, sometimes putting some raw, crushed garlic in the plate before ladling up the soup. A real medicine bomb!