- Food and Cooking
Sweet Tea Recipes
Southern Sweet Tea Recipes
Sweet Tea, also known as Southern Sweet Tea, has recently become my favorite summer beverage of choice. Being a northerner, I was used to, and frankly tired of, the Lipton brand ice tea mix I grew up with. I also tired of the newer flavor of raspberry ice tea mix.
I first tried Sweet Tea with the urging of my daughter who likes to buy the Arizona single servings beverages at the local convenience store. (Ugh, she also buys those hideous energy drinks.) Well I only bought the Sweet Tea once or twice, until we discovered Arizona beverages are also sold in gallon-sized bottles in the supermarket. Quite the savings from those single bottles, but still not enough to encourage me to buy them often. I then tried to come up with a recipe that I could live with. To my surprise, it's good, and CHEAP! I've since looked up the recipes on the internet, and minus a few additions, my recipe is similar to most.
Photo image credit: Me, of my glass of freshly brewed Sweet Tea, about to be enjoyed whilst sitting on the back deck, on a very hot day. :)
Please won't you Rate this Sweet Tea recipe
SoyCandleLover-Maker's Sweet Tea Recipe
- 6 cups Water, Boiled
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- Water, Room temperature
- Ice, To serve
- Prepare tea bags by clipping together tea bag tags with chip clip
- Bring 6 cups of water just to boil in large pan, then remove from heat
- Immediately drop tea bags into water and hang chip clip over the edge of the pan
- Steep at least 5 minutes and dip tea bags a few times, then remove
- Add sugar and stir until dissolved
- Let cool to room temperature
- Pour into 1 gallon pitcher and add remaining water to make 1 gallon
Wait... Don't order Sweet Tea. - Make it To-Go!
I highly recommend these cups for enjoying your cold summer drinks. I bought 2 of the original cups with the brown band. Still have them 8 years later. Still look brand new. But... these ARE prettier. Also color coded so I wouldn't ended up sharing cootie germs with someone's cup. :)
Sweet Tea Recipe Video - by the iPhone Chef
With raw sugar, little smidgen of Baking Soda, and a lemon slice.
Paula Deen's Sweet Tea Recipe
Includes Lemon and Mint
- This recipe is from "Paula Deen & Friends." She says she makes hers sweeter than her mother did.
Paula Deen's Sweet Tea
- 8 cups water, divided
- 7 tea bags
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Fresh mint sprigs
- Lemon wedges
1. Bring 4 cups water to a boil in a kettle.
2. Add the tea bags to the kettle and turn off the heat immediately.
3. Place the lid on the kettle and allow the tea to steep for 1 hour.
4. Remove the tea bags and pour the tea into a pitcher.
5. Add the sugar and stir to dissolve.
6. Add 4 cups cold water.
7. Serve over ice with a sprig of mint and a lemon wedge in each glass.
Makes 2 quarts, about 10 servings.
Recipe Credit: Pittsburg Live
What's your Summer beverage of choice?
Carolina Iced Tea
When your Sweet Tea needs a little Alcohol Kick!
Carolina Iced Tea
- 6 oz Southern Comfort peach liqueur
- 4 oz Captain Morgan Original spiced rum
- 4 oz peach schnapps
- 2 oz vodka
- 20 oz sweet iced tea
1. Add alcohol and stir lightly.
2. Pour in iced tea. Stir a few more times and serve.
Yield: 4 servings.
Note: Add a splash of lemon and garnish with a twist for a classy drink or serve in a mason jar for a real down-home feel.
Credit: Drinks Mixer.
Are you a Fan of Making Your Own Sweet Tea?
I hope you enjoy these Sweet Tea Recipes as much as I do.
Did you like this article? Have you found the Sweet Tea Recipes you were looking for? ?Anyone can leave a comment, Share, or Pin, so please do.